2015 jerseys

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
It has been posted here, and in other threads, about R potentially hurting our recruiting.

I am not around 18 - 21 year old S/As, so I will not know if true or not. I leave that to others.

But, at least money wise, we have a better deal with R than others would give us at the time.

Therefore, could it also be possible that the extra money from R is helping us to do things recruiting wise ( or facilities or staff wise) to get players we would not with less money from other suppliers?

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I emailed mbob recently, and after a week or so he replied. Basically we won't be changing anything until the contract is up, and at that point we will explore our options, or that's what I took from the email.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Did a quick Google on our esteemed uniform manufacturer.............nice...............

"Since January 2009, Russell faces the largest collegiate boycott of an apparel company in history over violations of labor codes in its Honduras manufacturing facilities."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Brands
Ouch. This is not good. At all.
I had always wondered how a company could lose contracts with 80 different universities. Did not know before now that it was so controversial.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Do any of these uniform suppliers manufacture their goods in the USA? Or, do all of them maximize profits on the backs of child labor, long hours and low wages in Asia and the loss of manufacturing jobs here?
I believe New Balance is the only shoe company that still manufactures in the US. Maybe they want to get into the team outfitter business.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Pretty sure this was resolved in 2009 when Russell worked out an agreement with the union in Honduras. Kinda old news I think. On the other hand...they are owned by Berkshire Hathaway so I'm sure they are considered an evil enterprise.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Ouch. This is not good. At all.
I had always wondered how a company could lose contracts with 80 different universities. Did not know before now that it was so controversial.
Now we know how Warren Buffett does it. I'm kind of agnostic on the uniforms, though I did like those blue jerseys, but if they are as bad as at least some people say, you'd think he could at least do a good uniform.

GTFowler

Georgia Tech Fan
I believe New Balance is the only shoe company that still manufactures in the US. Maybe they want to get into the team outfitter business.
been there, done that. No thanks. 18 y/o will think we are a bigger joke with NB than we already are with Russell.
wy-05-06-allbrown-stanliu-620x499.jpg

Russell has kind of grew on me over the years.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I personally would like us to get Adidas. I'm a Nike guy, but besides Oregons uniforms adidas is pretty much up there with Nike imo. Some of Oregons uniforms are a little to much for me.