Zach and Jeff Podcast w/ CPJ

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Lazy. Sad.

There are arguments to be made against Tech's performance. Instead this just shows the writer's inability to understand math, football, or both. Or it's a troll.
I'm not sure how to take it. It either is petty, or it is tongue in cheek. In the podcast, the coach complains about some writers who write opinions but present them as facts. He then specifically called out Bradley for cherry picking stats. Soon after Bradley wires two articles, one with opinion written as fact, and one with a long list of cherry picked stats. I don't know enough about Bradley to say if he has a sense if humor or is just bitter.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Lazy. Sad.

There are arguments to be made against Tech's performance. Instead this just shows the writer's inability to understand math, football, or both. Or it's a troll.

That was clearly a petty, small response to the podcast. Absent that, Bardley's article would've been about UGA's backup left guard or something.

@RonJohn trust your instincts. Bardley's not clever enough to make a tongue-in-cheek response.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I don't know enough about Bradley to say if he has a sense if humor or is just bitter.

You can build an audience by being a student of the game, respected and positive. Furman Bisher is a good example.

Or, you can build an audience by being a total jerk. Most writers in the entertainment section, especially book reviewers, do this.

Mark Bradley knows what he is doing as far as generating interest. I personally can't stand his writing. He doesn't write as a knowledgeable student of the game or even as a journalist. Look at what he has done to UGA.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Bradley strikes me as a guy who desperately wants to be on one of those ESPN talk shows where they just yell at each other spouting nonsense for 30 minutes. He just happens to do it in print form.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
My biggest complaint/question is what about the first article justifies it being behind a paywall?

I don't think the AJC has anything that justifies paying for. Their paywall is trivial to bypass, but the only reason I have ever gone over the 4 free articles per month is when they link from the front page to paywalled content without notice.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't think the AJC has anything that justifies paying for. Their paywall is trivial to bypass, but the only reason I have ever gone over the 4 free articles per month is when they link from the front page to paywalled content without notice.

I thought you were going to finish your last sentence with ... "when I forget to delete cookies"

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I thought you were going to finish your last sentence with ... "when I forget to delete cookies"

I wasn't going to discuss actual techniques, but incognito mode does not store cookies at all.

I don't usually read any of the paywalled content at all. This is just one example of the insane stuff they put behind the paywall. The links from the home page do not designate whether they are behind the paywall or not. I normally don't look at the links to see if they are ajc or myajc and sometimes end up on a page with the big "you are on free page 1 of 4" warning message. I normally just hit the back button and don't even try to read them. In my opinion, the whole paper has gown into the toilet. They have posts with factual errors, grammatical errors, and misplaced or misspelled words. They have even had grammatical errors and incorrect word usage on headlines on the home page. I am an engineer and horrible at grammar and spelling, but I would assume that journalism majors would do better. If I made math errors the same way they make English errors, things would blow up.