Zach and Jeff Podcast w/ CPJ

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's lengthy, but probably the most wide ranging and open interviews you'll get from CPJ. Well worth it.

BTW...may have found out how Bobinski got the "Sasquatch" label...lol

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty good interview. We know aub was one of the 6-7. Wonder who the others were? And I wonder why those same schools haven't gone after Ken N.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
It is a good listen and I was surprised at how much Klein and Schultz were able to get with PJ. Some good insights and PJ affirmed some of the things I've long said about him, especially how he likes the kind of kid you get to come to Tech. I really think he'd be unhappy at a factory school. He'd love the winning but I think he'd hate how the athletes are treated.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Pretty good interview. We know aub was one of the 6-7. Wonder who the others were? And I wonder why those same schools haven't gone after Ken N.
Personally based on no info whatsoever I have to think a lot of the lower Big12 and Big10 teams like Iowa St, Purdue, Kansas, etc have to be some of them just based on how often they've been changing coaches.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
He's said that before saying FSU offered more money then they could.

right, but if you recall, the rumor floating is around is Paul asked Charles to stay secondary coach and he would hire someone else. That is why it was interesting to me. Clearly charles left for financial reasons..but paul said he could stayed here and been DC contrary to rumors

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I remember when Shayne Skov (Patrick's older brother) was being recruited at my former school. I tried like heck to get him to go to GT instead of Stanford. He said no way because he thought Wommack was ......well, you fill in the blank (after meeting him on a visit) and he just didn't want to play for him. That spoke volumes to me, because he wasn't a kid to just spout off like that. He was very intelligent and level headed.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Yeah it got kinda bad in 09. I even had a tirade on the sideline (cant remember what game but it was a night game) about why we were having the DBs playing playing 10yds deep on the 3rd and 5. Guys were saying they were just doing what the coach said. The issue was two folds for Wommack 1) He was the DC with Tenuta assistants and the philosophies were never a mesh 2)Communication was horrible from the DC to the point that guys started looking to Giff or Coach Kelly and ultimately CPJ (before UNC game) for answers instead Wommack.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I think it also comes through how much respect Schultz has for PJ and his honesty. Schultz may not always agree with PJ and will take his shots at him but I think he respects him.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Personally based on no info whatsoever I have to think a lot of the lower Big12 and Big10 teams like Iowa St, Purdue, Kansas, etc have to be some of them just based on how often they've been changing coaches.
I honestly think CPJ's agent would not even relay an offer from any of those programs unless it was for an insane amount of $, which none of them have. Maybe Kansas but that $ is earmarked for hoops.
But you never know, CPJ does like to manipulate stats.
I still wonder why these programs would be willing to take a chance on cpj and his option offense but not Ken N. There are at least two longtime doormats in every P5 conference that would be better served by running an option O.