Zach and Jeff Podcast w/ CPJ

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
The only offer for Ken that has reached public ears is the BYU one. Nothing to say those schools haven't tried for Ken.

I will say this if I had a lower/midlevel G5 job open I'd go after Ken's OC Mr. Jasper as a HC.

Word is Georgia Southern tried. Couldn't afford him is what I heard.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I honestly think CPJ's agent would not even relay an offer from any of those programs unless it was for an insane amount of $, which none of them have. Maybe Kansas but that $ is earmarked for hoops.

I think PJ still uses Jack Reale as his agent. Met Jack once. Intense guy.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
What? No. At most, I have heard some question whether he is too strict (which others love) and maybe for saying things like "the players need to execute better" during press conferences (almost always coupled with "and we need to coach better"). I have NEVER heard someone question his commitment to or love for the kids.
Trick love the kids

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
What? No. At most, I have heard some question whether he is too strict (which others love) and maybe for saying things like "the players need to execute better" during press conferences (almost always coupled with "and we need to coach better"). I have NEVER heard someone question his commitment to or love for the kids.
I've seen it on other forums and plenty of my tech circle. It mainly came from buying into narrative they'd heard from media/mutt fans.

But trust me that sentiment definitely exists.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
I think you and @dtm1997 are the only ones that feel that way about DRad. In his case, it might be a crush.
I didn't/don't mind him at all. Certainly can do much worse and in many regards he helped Tech athletics enormously. Why is there all this hatred towards him?

I didn't/don't mind him at all. Certainly can do much worse and in many regards he helped Tech athletics enormously. Why is there all this hatred towards him?
All he wanted to do was raise money for buildings, but he was unwilling to raise money for staff; he threw Johnson under the bus on the NCAA investigation; and he was not at all fan-oriented, implementing the seat purchasing fee with a "take or or leave" approach to the fans.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
interesting he said Charles Kelly woulda been DC had he stayed.

No no no....haven't you been paying attention to FSU fans? Kelly benefited from other coaches recruiting talent and has forgotten all about how to coach a D since arriving in Tallahassee....he's gotta go.......tic but it's typical fan think.

On a side note. It's interesting to think what would have happened here with Ellis Johnson as DC starting in 08. Tech has not and still is not willing to pony up to play with the big boys of college football....even with all of our other restraints. Not likely to change much either.

We will more likely have 5 new head coaches before it does change.:meh:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The only offer for Ken that has reached public ears is the BYU one. Nothing to say those schools haven't tried for Ken.

I will say this if I had a lower/midlevel G5 job open I'd go after Ken's OC Mr. Jasper as a HC.

There was talk of Coach Ken going to Vandy before they hired Franklin, then Ivin Jasper at GA Southern before Tyson Summers. Not sure the ins and outs of it all, but suffice it to say, both schools would have been wise to hire from the CPJ tree for those jobs.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I thought this was one of the best interviews I've ever heard. I also think it was very timely. Reminds me of what I've seen posted on here by a couple of people who personally know CPJ as to how he is a fun guy to be around. I really enjoyed what he shared about President Bush and the White House visit.

Yes, I'm a CPJ fan and think he is what Our Team needs to succeed on and off the field.

No no no....haven't you been paying attention to FSU fans? Kelly benefited from other coaches recruiting talent and has forgotten all about how to coach a D since arriving in Tallahassee....he's gotta go.......tic but it's typical fan think.

On a side note. It's interesting to think what would have happened here with Ellis Johnson as DC starting in 08. Tech has not and still is not willing to pony up to play with the big boys of college football....even with all of our other restraints. Not likely to change much either.

We will more likely have 5 new head coaches before it does change.:meh:
We have to hope that TStan will change all that. It's been our AD's who have not been willing to pony up.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought this was one of the best interviews I've ever heard. I also think it was very timely. Reminds me of what I've seen posted on here by a couple of people who personally know CPJ as to how he is a fun guy to be around. I really enjoyed what he shared about President Bush and the White House visit.

I've had the opportunity to chat with him on various occasions and he's not at all the dour, angry guy the morons on 680 make him to be. He, Wes, and I once talked abut housing prices in California, for crying out loud. But if you ever wonder why he gets pissy, just look at this transcript from a post-game presser: (I made it up for your entertainment, but it happens enough there and on the radio show for real)

Knucklehead: "Hey, coach. How come our offense was so inept? Is it because your system sucks?"
PJ: " ..."
KH: "I mean, maybe it's because they were going up against all those 5* guys that you didn't want to recruit?"
PJ: "..."
KH: "Coach, if you would just implement a short passing game you would've won. Why don't you go shotgun?"
PJ: "I'm outta here."
KH: "Jeez, coach, why are you suck a jerk?"

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
It was a solid interview and very enjoyable.

I particularly liked the part where he talked about the media all describing Goff, Donnan, Richt, Smart as great recruiters. "It's the state school. All you have to do is show up and you're a great recruiter ..."

Meanwhile, Tech sucks at recruiting (per the media).

I may listen to it again.