Your choice for Head Coach

Who is your choice for Tech's next Head Coach?

• Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina

Votes: 188 36.5%
  • Tyson Helton, WKU

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Mike Houston, ECU

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Charles Huff, Marshall

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Brent Key, Georgia Tech (IHC)

Votes: 182 35.3%
  • Sean Lewis, Kent State

• Bill O’Brien, Alabama (OC)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Deion Sanders, Jackson State

Votes: 64 12.4%
  • Kane Wommack, South Alabama

• Other

Votes: 50 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It's going to be a business decision, not a sentimental decision. There's a LOT of sentiment for Key and he's definitely the emotional pick right now, but Batt and Cabrera have checklist of "wants" from the next head coach and they are not going to let emotions move themselves from it.
"The" next coach is not a tenured position.
I assume if he is not good, he is gone for " the " new one

Maybe Batt thinks we need to go w key plus new oc while we build credibility ($ war chest, handle portal in) at gt. Someday we need to shop at top 20 P5

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Desperation is being seen in the Key segment of the posting members; it sounds similar to the same thing we went through with the group that wanted to stop Gailey from being coach. The lobbying effort is not saying we want the best coach; it is saying we only one coach who is our favorite.
Now hold on there just a minute. I could go for a number of these coaches mentioned around here, and I'll support whoever is hired in any case. I think most who support Key feel the same way. For my part, I'm just saying he inspires his players and that has to be factored in.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
🔑 = Chan Gailey 2.0.

The UVA loss was unforgivable and losing badly to a bad Miami team is a big no thanks for me.

I am afraid you will get your wish though, classic GT to go cheap on the hire and hand the keys over to Key. I hope J Batt wipes the slate clean when we get our doors blown off next week.

The team has rallied some behind the interim coach but this Schtick won’t last.
Ceiling with Key is 6-7 wins a year in a mediocre conference.
What Schtick are you talking about?

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Desperation is being seen in the Key segment of the posting members; it sounds similar to the same thing we went through with the group that wanted to stop Gailey from being coach. The lobbying effort is not saying we want the best coach; it is saying we only one coach who is our favorite.
LOL.

On Friday, BK had 60 votes. Today, it's 104.

If that's desperation... ;)

MaverickGT

Jolly Good Fellow
It's going to be a business decision, not a sentimental decision. There's a LOT of sentiment for Key and he's definitely the emotional pick right now, but Batt and Cabrera have checklist of "wants" from the next head coach and they are not going to let emotions move themselves from it.
Love hearing this

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Dan Mullen has been brought up before as a potential head coach candidate. I’ve heard from a few sources in the entertainment bizz(connections to ESPN) that Mullen is enjoying essentially being an OC again at Lake Oconee, while he’s on TV.

He didn’t like recruiting or the pressure of being HC at Florida. For the right price, could he possibly be interested in being an OC again at the Power Five level without that pressure? What if Key had Mullen as an OC and Thacker return as DC?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
LOL.

On Friday, BK had 60 votes. Today, it's 104.

If that's desperation... ;)

Now 110. I changed back to Key from other. Have flipped a few times.

My favorite is still whomever Batt selects. I think Key with Thacker is more likely today than Friday. Results matter. A HC is largely about motivation and overseeing a competent program. Key has done better at HC than OL and I'd be for getting rid of Key at OL. But what we are talking about here is HC.

Deleted member 6494

Now hold on there just a minute. I could go for a number of these coaches mentioned around here, and I'll support whoever is hired in any case. I think most who support Key feel the same way. For my part, I'm just saying he inspires his players and that has to be factored in.
I still see the same trend, and it is desperation and intimidation.