Your choice for Head Coach

Who is your choice for Tech's next Head Coach?

• Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina

Votes: 188 36.5%
  • Tyson Helton, WKU

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Mike Houston, ECU

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Charles Huff, Marshall

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Brent Key, Georgia Tech (IHC)

Votes: 182 35.3%
  • Sean Lewis, Kent State

• Bill O’Brien, Alabama (OC)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Deion Sanders, Jackson State

Votes: 64 12.4%
  • Kane Wommack, South Alabama

• Other

Votes: 50 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 6494

Ralph Frigedon was OC O'Brien was TE's or GA. Bill can't do anything comparable to Ralph with Bama players keep that in mind
Somehow, I did not get a connection in your statement; I can't understand this reply.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
The defense shut down an 8-1 team that has a qb thats a Hiesman candidate who passes to a bilitnikoff wr candidate.

We actually called several RB go out for short pass which the 3rd string qb can complete. Then in red zone we put in 4th string qb and ran the ball.

DONT LOOK OUT the back of the bus or you will miss the change coming.
Gibson also threw a couple laser accurate mid-range passes. He deserves a lot more crow being eaten here and elsewhere.

JacketFan137

Banned
Saban was really pissed about the play calling in the LSU game by BOB and not very happy with Golding either. Asked in a press conference, Saban simply said, "I have spoken to both and expressed my views. I don't see any reason to share those views in public."

I think that's the right approach.
yeah at the end of the day this game is largely built on relationships with other coaches that are either working for you or you’re working for them. your job status like paul said is up for grabs almost every week and we’ve seen coaches literally from winning super bowls and national championships to getting fired just like that.

i mention that to say: nothing good will ever come from burning a bridge. don’t be a **** on the way up cause you may need some help on the way down.

maybe that applies to more things than football…

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I get the sense that a few here are disturbed by the win tonight. Sadly enough.
Not a bit. I was always convinced to clean house, but I’m becoming more of a Key fan with lots of money on the staff. I think he would be the cheapest buy with lots of incentives and freeing up support money.

JacketFan137

Banned
Gibson also threw a couple laser accurate mid-range passes. He deserves a lot more crow being eaten here and elsewhere.
i think everyone agreed gibson could throw the ball. he is however very immobile (relative to sims and pyron) and i don’t think his decision making is always the best.

when he gets time and space (something rare to come by with our o line), i trust him to make plays

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Not a bit. I was always convinced to clean house, but I’m becoming more of a Key fan with lots of money on the staff. I think he would be the cheapest buy with lots of incentives and freeing up support money.
No need to apologize nor defend yourself my friend. My comment wasn't directed at you nor most others. If you read the whole thread it was just a small (but vocal) group whose coaching agenda seemed to suck the joy of the fantastic win out of them.

Deleted member 6494

One thing is for certain the fan base is going to be divided on who ever ends up being the next HC.
I doubt the fan base will automatically be divided; the thing fans want the most is winning. If the new coach wins big time, the crowds will come. If the new coach struggles badly, then the fan base will be divided.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol. You yourself posted that people wanted Gailey fired before his first game. At the end of the day we’re still people, which means we can be very petty.

JacketFan137

Banned
there were people saying gibbs would struggle at bama. people like that actively seek out negativity and choose to look at things glass half empty

Deleted member 6494

This is my issue with Key. He SHOULD have quit and then told the GT fanbase why. He sat there for 3 plus years and watched his school get destroyed by 1 man, Whether or not he gets the job he owes us an explanation about what happened, I just don’t understand why it is so hard to simply give your opinion. All Key has to say is “the previous coach didn’t have a clue and he ran ineffective practices which led to losses on game day”. A statement like that would put it to rest. But this code of silence leads me to want a clean break from anyone associated with Collins.
I don't think Key owes us any explanation; if he made his comments to Collins, that should be sufficient as Collins had the final decision in all affairs of the team.

As a fan of Tech or even an outsider, it was very obvious there was a coaching problem. If it was staff problems or player problems, it was still very obvious there was a problem. All who followed Tech was stunned that Collins contract was extended before he had given us any good reason for it.

Key did not have to tell us anything; the writing was on the wall that Collins was inapt for the job.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone changing their vote? I had not voted till just now and I am on the Key/Thacker bandwagon
Still like Dan Mullen... GA tech is not flashy, nose to the grind stone smash mouth mentality, military academy integrity....he was out of place at UFL...he was comfortable and benefited with the under the radar success at Mississippi State...

PS Key fits that profile...he is learning on the job which is why I was wary of his selection but I have to admit he is changing my mindset....

Deleted member 6494

"A man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest, lie la lie lie lie la lie la lie la lie...." - Paul Simon, "The Boxer".
That is partially true, but not always true. I and many others tend to research what we hear to try and come to the truth. Emotions are not good examples of coming to the truth, but many follow their emotions instead of the facts.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I think this is definitely true of Georgia Tech engineers, a good bit less so for others I’ve worked with.

The Shaft, The Hill, it all adds up to create an (un)healthy cynicism before someone “gets out.”
It's interesting that you say that, and it's something I've noticed over the years...most university alumni talk about when they "graduated".

Military people and Tech grads talk about when they "got out".

Strange, but true, IMO.

Deleted member 6494

Lol. You yourself posted that people wanted Gailey fired before his first game. At the end of the day we’re still people, which means we can be very petty.
I do not get the connection of this post; is part of it missing?

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I do not get the connection of this post; is part of it missing?

Sorry, was posting from my phone. You mentioned you thought people wouldn’t be divided by the new hire, but you also mentioned the story of folks who wanted Gailey fired before his first game. My point was people are always going to be divided … because we’re petty. “My guy didn’t get hired, so I hope your guy fails miserably so I can say, ‘I told you so!’”