Yellow Jackets 2020 Class

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
It's not absurd. Our average star rating right now is a hair above 3. CPJ was a hair below. I guess if you count early numbers, I guess you have a point, but what does that really matter? Guys predicting bumps is just speculation at this point.

Imo, Collins and staff are better recruiters in a general sense. CPJ and staff, for offense anyway, was recruiting to a specific need that was different than most of the rest. He could make hay with guys other teams couldn't because they'd be asked to do different things or similar things in different ways. His offense wasn't the great equalizer as many of his fans like to think, but it wasn't insignificant either.

Also, CPJ had a much different recruiting strategy. He wasn't concerned about optics and early numbers. He was concerned about kids not flipping so he told them "Do not commit unless you are committed and we'll do the same." That is the primary reason why his numbers were low in the early going. My guess is we'll see a higher rate of attrition for CGC's commits than we saw with CPJ's. I predict some of that will be by design which I'm not cool with at all.
But none of what you wrote refutes the statement made. Our recruiting IS better so far and our profile with HS players IS higher.

slugboy

Staff member
They won’t remove him
What happened to Bryce Gowdy and his family and friends and what should have been his teammates is much more important than the effect on our class ranking. I don't care what it does to our class ranking, and I'm not concerned about any decisions that 247 or Rivals might make about this year's ranking.
I do like the players in this class and think they'll be a great team, regardless of final ranking.

Alexgrant1

Georgia Tech Fan
What happened to Bryce Gowdy and his family and friends and what should have been his teammates is much more important than the effect on our class ranking. I don't care what it does to our class ranking, and I'm not concerned about any decisions that 247 or Rivals might make about this year's ranking.
I do like the players in this class and think they'll be a great team, regardless of final ranking.
I agree

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
So 247 just did their final update.

Do we want to revisit this thread or not? Lol

I honestly am not too impressed by this class, but he did land some good skill players. I think we will still be weak in the trenches as we typically have been. He did bring in linemen that fit the spread scheme better than what we have recruited previously, but I just don’t think we got what we needed there and it will be hard to win because of it.

I know we disagree about the class and I respect your opinion and insights on the game, just stating my opinion FWIW. I do agree he needs time to get some of those guys, but for me that is what we continue to lack.

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
I honestly am not too impressed by this class, but he did land some good skill players. I think we will still be weak in the trenches as we typically have been. He did bring in linemen that fit the spread scheme better than what we have recruited previously, but I just don’t think we got what we needed there and it will be hard to win because of it.

I know we disagree about the class and I respect your opinion and insights on the game, just stating my opinion FWIW. I do agree he needs time to get some of those guys, but for me that is what we continue to lack.
We've got 2 transfer OL who can make immediate impact. Buys time for the new recruits to spend under Key and get better. They have the physical traits, and I'm sure he can coach up the skills needed.

I think the OL is definitely on the right track despite not getting 4* recruits there

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Yeah, i don’t see that.

We needed speed, people who can protect the QB, and people who can get the QB

We got all of those.

A legit DT would be nice but we definitely hit on our needs

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
my concern is ..... we need a danbo sweeney approach. can cgc be a danbo / ceo or is he going to be loyal to a fault and keep coaches we need to let go of like cpj did?

we need the ceo approach. not the old timey loyalist approach these days

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The OL got bigger. That’s a positive. Also, a tough one to rate. Brent Key wasn’t highly recruited.

I’d love to get another ILB & DT, if their there.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, i don’t see that.

We needed speed, people who can protect the QB, and people who can get the QB

We got all of those.

A legit DT would be nice but we definitely hit on our needs

I wonder if our Oline gains will let Lee play DT that gives us a 300 pounder in the interior.