Yellow Jackets 2020 Class

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
Are these actually final? Rivals has asu behind us and lists them as having 18 recruits. 247 shows them as having 20 bc they don’t count their two commits that haven’t signed. Wondering if we will move up a spot once 247 updates the signees vs verbal commits.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Are these actually final? Rivals has asu behind us and lists them as having 18 recruits. 247 shows them as having 20 bc they don’t count their two commits that haven’t signed. Wondering if we will move up a spot once 247 updates the signees vs verbal commits.
As of Feb 9th 2020... They are still the same... So I would bet if they move it wont be by much since they have been the same for 1 week... Either way it is easy to see how our recruiting has improved under Coach Collins in just 1 year!

9 Feb 2020
24th by Rivals & Three 4Stars
26th by 247 & Four 4Stars
27th by ESPN & Three ESPN300 players

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2020/all-teams/football
https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/
http://insider.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings?class=2020&date=20200205

finalbuzzer

Georgia Tech Fan
I know some think Mr. Gibbs will redshirt this year. I suggest watching his senior season video right after watching Nick Chubb's (can find easily at top recruiting sites). Chubb had a little larger frame and was stronger. Mr. Gibbs appears to be faster and has quicker acceleration. In terms of overall quality they appear pretty comparable. If you recall Chubb's freshmen year he was a big time contributor from Day 1 and got more playing time due to injuries to Gurley. We do not have any returnees who compare to Gurley.

I expect Mr. Gibbs to win the job if not in the preseason then within the first few games. Also I think it would work against us to redshirt him. Guys can go pro (or depending on academics, as a grad transfer) after 3 years at an institution. In any case I believe Mr. Gibbs is elite enough that it is very low probability that we will ever see a RS-Sr next to his name. He will be in the next level by then. If he is as good as I think we need to use that man early and often. He is a difference-maker right from the start, imo.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I'm guessing Gibbs plays RB when he can block, think CTC does not let RBs play until they can block.
He might line up somewhere else before he becomes sufficient blocker @ RB. I noted we listed him as athlete during his commitment phase.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Gibb's highlights are fun to watch. Yes, I realize its just HS, but he makes people look plain silly when they miss and I haven't often seen it happen as frequently as I see it in his highlights. As stated above, his change of directions and acceleration are also clearly & abundantly evident. Can't wait to see what he can do.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs will see at least 4 games and if he is productive in those he will play a lot more. I think we will see a lot more of Griffin this year. I do hope we can get Gibbs the ball out in space. He can make people miss.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
No way Gibbs redshirts. Zero, nada, zilch. Even if he should he won’t because of the signal that would send to other high end recruits. Collins knows this is just the beginning of high end recruits. He’s gotta keep them happy until we become a destination school. Collins plays the recruiting game very well. Year 1 was Griffin. Year 2 was Sims and Gibbs. By year 4 we’ll be rolling and redshirts may be an option.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Mason retains the starting job and is even better this year due to an improved oline. I think Griffin has a big jump his second year as well. I think Gibbs will see the third most carries as he get accustomed to the speed and size on the college game. Along with the other (If they stay) we should have our most talented backfield in a while.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I think Gibbs will return kicks and play a bit of 3rd down back so he can be a weapon receiving. Probably flex out wide some to create coverage nightmares. Probably see a fair bit of time on the field even if the carries are low.

techfan#14

Jolly Good Fellow
I would agree that hopefully Gibbs shows so well you have to play him. However, Mason is not losing the job to either Gibbs or Griffin. Selfishly it would be nice to have a year gap between Gibbs and Griffin so I would not hate the idea of a redshirt.