Ye olde coachinge debates

I hate people who say "he did it with the old coach's players". He still did it. Who gives a crap if they were chan's recruits. He still won. Thats all that matters. He did something that the previous staff could't do with the same players.
The crap is what slowly transpired after those players left. Yeah 14 was great, but in hindsight was more so of catching lightning in a bottle than Paul all of sudden pressing the right buttons. He refused to be what his apologists say he is innovative or an offensive genius. Hell go down as the coach that ran the outdated 3O.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
I hate people who say "he did it with the old coach's players". He still did it. Who gives a crap if they were chan's recruits. He still won. Thats all that matters. He did something that the previous staff could't do with the same players.

Hey I'm just taking a guess lol

GT_receivers

Jolly Good Fellow
The crap is what slowly transpired after those players left. Yeah 14 was great, but in hindsight was more so of catching lightning in a bottle than Paul all of sudden pressing the right buttons. He refused to be what his apologists say he is innovative or an offensive genius. Hell go down as the coach that ran the outdated 3O.
What about 16? remember that? beating ugag and winning the gator bowl. He did everything the previous staff couldn't do. beating ugag, winning the acc, winning the gator bowl, winning the orange bowl. lol

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
What about 16? remember that? beating ugag and winning the gator bowl.

the '16 game vs the mutts was one of the few times I've seen PJ make adjustments in-game. His deep-pass playcalling was a nice adjustment that completely turned the game in our favor.

2016 was similar to the 1989 Ross season IMO.

You're forgetting that 08, 09 were Gomers boys. Back to the original reasoning he isn't great without the recruits be didn't recruit. I'll take it a step further, I don't believe 14 or 16 happens without the Gomer boys either. He wouldn't have had those early w's with Jaybo running the show or without Allen who transferred in not because of the option, but for Gomer. So what did Paul do to get this 5* pedestal? I'm not going to mention Nesbit, Dwyer, Bebe, Roddy, that all came to tech to not play in the 3o. Those men deserve credit for staying. No one mentions that.

That staff got fired before we could tell if they could or couldn't.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
You're forgetting that 08, 09 were Gomers boys. Back to the original reasoning he isn't great without the recruits be didn't recruit. I'll take it a step further, I don't believe 14 or 16 happens without the Gomer boys either. He wouldn't have had those early w's with Jaybo running the show or without Allen who transferred in not because of the option, but for Gomer. So what did Paul do to get this 5* pedestal? I'm not going to mention Nesbit, Dwyer, Bebe, Roddy, that all came to tech to not play in the 3o. Those men deserve credit for staying. No one mentions that.
Using this logic, how does Collins get credit for anything he's done over his coaching career? Wouldn't all of Collin's accomplishment's be explained away by saying he isn't great without the recruits he didn't recruit?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
We won 9 games, finished 5th in the Coastal and finished outside the top 25. Not "Great" but a good year with a really nice finish.

Coastal was pretty good all around that year. Looked more like the sec west of the mid 2000s beating each other up with no truly standout team

crazy4GT

Georgia Tech Fan

I believe Jaybo was a Johnson recruit. If memory serves it was a late flip from Memphis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk