Ye olde coachinge debates

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Agreed - McKee was a tough act to follow. You gotta feel bad for Coach Heisman, trying to walk in those footsteps.

Snort. Are you kidding me? His tie was against Furman, and he got us blacklisted by the S.I.A.A. for "professionalism".

Actually it was George Andree who inherited that dumpster fire, but McKee is responsible for Tech going 0-6-2 in '02. And I'm NOT letting this go...

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
All I got to say is they don't make them like ol' Coach Leonard Wood anymore. He didn't need social media to recruit. Bet CLW could teach these young guys a thing or two, even at nearly 160 years old.

White_Gold

GT Athlete
We were rarely in the wrong play. Also how many games started with the first offensive play going for a touchdown. Then how many first drives. I get you hate the man but trying to pretend he isnt one of the greatest minds to ever coach thr game would be basically like denying the same thing about belechik because you hate him.

We were rarely in the wrong play? According to who?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
whether or not we were in the 'wrong play' is directly correlated to the quality of our opponent. Not surprisingly, we never had any first-play-TDs against teams that were worth a damn. Those plays occurred against the FCS trash on the schedule. Whooppity do.

We had a first play td against a vandy team that beat uga that year.