WTF are the Hawks doing?

I think rebuilding time is coming for the Hawks and it wouldn't bother me if they looked for a new head coach.
Cursed franchise. Trading Nique was the first move that they finally got the bball gods against them. They were set free of that curse and then bam fire Danny Ferry for no cause is the start of the new curse. Bud is not qualified. He rode Danny's great moves and now look at this team. Grease fire of an organization.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I never thought I would say this but I am rooting for them to miss the playoffs so we can see some change in the front office(not to mentioned Bud's awful rotations). Seeing them play like this makes me wish they would have traded Millsap even more. Especially with the rumored deal with Denver that involved Nurkic(who is ballin rn). I know it will never happen but my hope is to go young for next 2- 3 years and stack up while LeBron gets old (ala T- Wolves). I'm willing to watch exciting basketball but not get as many W's in those years so we can still build in the lottery. In this scenario my lineup would look like:
PG- Schröder
SG- Hardaway Jr
SF- Bembry
PF- Prince
C- Edy Tavares (thanks coach bud for cutting him for Ryan Kel...I can't even finish his name)
With draft picks: Isaiah Harteinstein(18) and Caleb Swanigan(31).
While trading Baze, Dwight, and not resigning any of the other 6000 free agents they have.

In reality, they will draft & stash 3 foreigners, resign Millsap to 200 million dollars, let Hardaway walk and he prospers while Baze continues to struggle and then we sign Tiago Splitter again to the max...ugh only the Hawks man.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Cursed franchise. Trading Nique was the first move that they finally got the bball gods against them. They were set free of that curse and then bam fire Danny Ferry for no cause is the start of the new curse. Bud is not qualified. He rode Danny's great moves and now look at this team. Grease fire of an organization.

Agree on the curse.

Disagree vehemently on Ferry. The reason the Hawks are bereft of talent is because of his AWFUL drafting and AWFUL contracts (which are going to lead us to lose Carroll and Millsap for nothing). "Flexibility" is over-rated. Anybody and any contract can be traded.

Budz is fine as a coach. I think what you're seeing is the fact that we need a real GM. Wilcox is not that.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Just keep losing so maybe we can make a last second push. It’s amazing how we are a slightly than better .500 team with Zeller on the floor but Nets level without him.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I never thought I would say this but I am rooting for them to miss the playoffs so we can see some change in the front office(not to mentioned Bud's awful rotations). Seeing them play like this makes me wish they would have traded Millsap even more. Especially with the rumored deal with Denver that involved Nurkic(who is ballin rn). I know it will never happen but my hope is to go young for next 2- 3 years and stack up while LeBron gets old (ala T- Wolves). I'm willing to watch exciting basketball but not get as many W's in those years so we can still build in the lottery. In this scenario my lineup would look like:
PG- Schröder
SG- Hardaway Jr
SF- Bembry
PF- Prince
C- Edy Tavares (thanks coach bud for cutting him for Ryan Kel...I can't even finish his name)
With draft picks: Isaiah Harteinstein(18) and Caleb Swanigan(31).
While trading Baze, Dwight, and not resigning any of the other 6000 free agents they have.

In reality, they will draft & stash 3 foreigners, resign Millsap to 200 million dollars, let Hardaway walk and he prospers while Baze continues to struggle and then we sign Tiago Splitter again to the max...ugh only the Hawks man.

Ah man, you lost me on this one CB. First, the useless stashes were Ferry's m.o. I expect this current brass to draft guys who they actually want to play. Remember they have like 3 2nd round picks so, if they keep all 3, they'll stash probably 1 but that's industry-norm nowadays. Seeing all these 2nd round Euro bigs panning out (Jokic - yes, he was a stash. Shocking, right?, Hernangomez x2, etc.), I can't blame them.

All in all, they appear to value the draft more now.

All that being said, if they can trade multiple picks for Butler or George, they'll undoubtedly do that. Rumor is they offered 3 1sts plus player(s) for either at the deadline but neither IND or CHI were ready to deal (i.e. they're waiting until draft night).

Unfortunately, they'll be behind teams with lotto picks so that's a long shot. Yes, I'd even trade for George even though he's just biding his time until he can sign with LAL.

I also don't agree with the 'wait til James gets old' plan. Look at them this year. Lebron has played the most minutes in the league which was allegedly a weird conditioning plan based on "analytics". However, it's clearly not gone as expected. They're clearly winding down and, although they're clearly the most talented team in the EC, they're an injury away from being really vulnerable.

If the Hawks had traded, say, 3 picks plus Prince or Bazemore or w/e else not named Millsap for George or Butler? You telling me that team couldn't have found a way into the Finals this year? Now, obviously that's pure conjecture. However, if you believe the rumors, that wasn't that far off happening.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Ah man, you lost me on this one CB. First, the useless stashes were Ferry's m.o. I expect this current brass to draft guys who they actually want to play. Remember they have like 3 2nd round picks so, if they keep all 3, they'll stash probably 1 but that's industry-norm nowadays. Seeing all these 2nd round Euro bigs panning out (Jokic - yes, he was a stash. Shocking, right?, Hernangomez x2, etc.), I can't blame them.

All in all, they appear to value the draft more now.

All that being said, if they can trade multiple picks for Butler or George, they'll undoubtedly do that. Rumor is they offered 3 1sts plus player(s) for either at the deadline but neither IND or CHI were ready to deal (i.e. they're waiting until draft night).

Unfortunately, they'll be behind teams with lotto picks so that's a long shot. Yes, I'd even trade for George even though he's just biding his time until he can sign with LAL.

I also don't agree with the 'wait til James gets old' plan. Look at them this year. Lebron has played the most minutes in the league which was allegedly a weird conditioning plan based on "analytics". However, it's clearly not gone as expected. They're clearly winding down and, although they're clearly the most talented team in the EC, they're an injury away from being really vulnerable.

If the Hawks had traded, say, 3 picks plus Prince or Bazemore or w/e else not named Millsap for George or Butler? You telling me that team couldn't have found a way into the Finals this year? Now, obviously that's pure conjecture. However, if you believe the rumors, that wasn't that far off happening.
Obviously if we could land one of them we would have a great shot but you actually believe in Wes/Bud to get it done? I just read somewhere that Butler is good as gone next year (yes please). And if we don't land him, and resign Sap to 1 billion dollars where does that leave us? I think more second round exits.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Hawks lose to Brooklyn again. Currently 6th in the East but in danger of missing the playoffs. Last 5 games of the regular season: Celtics, @Cavs, Cavs, Hornets, @Pacers.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Crazy game by the Hawks. Howard, Schoder, Millsap, Thabo, and Bazemore all out, the Hawks beat the Cavs in Cleveland against GM/Coach LeBron and the Temptations. 114-100. Hawks had 39 assists on 45 made shots. Amazing