WTF are the Hawks doing?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
He's been a ridiculously good offensive player the last 3 years or so since arriving in HOU. What we're seeing now is the marriage of a really good scorer/offensive player and 'antoni's system (in the regular season).
His defense kind of gets unfairly criticized. Yeah it's not good but there are and have been plenty of great offensive players in the league that weren't doing anything great on defense. He at least gets a lot of rebounds playing his rover spot on D. I love his offensive game. He can hit shots from anywhere on the floor. There really hasn't been a great scorer with as good of a midrange shot since Reggie Miller.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
His best year by far, love the switch to PG. Hoping SOMEHOW SOMEWAY him and Russ Re-Unite and take down KD.

Nah, them dudes both want/need the ball in their hands. Honestly, I could see UTA beating GSt in a series. They have a very good combo of defense and scoring ability, especially if George Hill can get back to being healthy. Plus they have enough talented bigs to pound GS on the boards.

Hawks are now on a 7 game win streak. Next game, Friday @Philips against our Ol' Buddy Al.

I don't like that they're wearing the blue/green throwbacks that night. Would rather see the pac-man unis.

@jeffgt14 , it's not Harden's D that gets criticized, it's his (lack of) effort. Even MJ took plays off on D but never flat out lost track of his man or conceded buckets the way Harden has.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Lord...please give Coach Bud some good players...

Imagine what he could do with a team with really good players? Oh, he might get to the conference finals...
I wonder if we'll ever see the Hawks in the NBA Finals in our lifetime? I think the Hawks will make it to the semifinals in the East and that will probably be the ceiling this season.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I wonder if we'll ever see the Hawks in the NBA Finals in our lifetime? I think the Hawks will make it to the semifinals in the East and that will probably be the ceiling this season.

That's true for every team in the East until a certain someone decides to stop using HGH -er- retires :D

If MIL plays their cards right, they could be next in line to be the big winner in the East once Lebron fades/retires.

jeffgt14

Who would have thought we would see Cleveland and Golden State in the NBA finals in our life time? Let alone both of them in the same finals.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
That's true for every team in the East until a certain someone decides to stop using HGH -er- retires :D

If MIL plays their cards right, they could be next in line to be the big winner in the East once Lebron fades/retires.
I don't think Lebron has but 2-3 more seasons before he's over the hill then the NBA East will be a wide open crap shoot.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Ahh James Harden's defense. If you haven't spent at least an hour mindlessly watching the YouTube highlights, you're missing out. Here's the 2016 reel.

I find it fascinating each time I watch. You almost have to fight instinct - or not have any, which I doubt - to look that bad on some of these plays.

jeffgt14

Since this seems to be the NBA thread for this year I have to ask. Are we at the point where we can say James Harden is a damn ridiculously good player? He plays like the old out of shape guy at that YMCA that knows every trick in the book to tear everyone up.
Case in point

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The Sacramento Kings just traded Demarcus Cousins ... for a package centered around Buddy Hield. Buddy freaking Hield? Are you kidding me, Sacramento?

Vlade Divac's cigarette-smoking arse should be fired and banned from the league.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
They should try to get Jones from the Pels. I saw he wants out now, and he would fill our need for another big, since you know, Tiago will never play

jeffgt14

I don't see any way the Kings would have ever trades Cousins unless they knew he wasn't going to stay there long term. At least get a few OK players and a first round pick. That's going to be my thoughts on the situation because that's the only way to rationalize it. Vlade sure knows a few things about terrible trades though.