WTF are the Hawks doing?

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I know it was only one game but it was SOOOOO nice having a real big man playing in the paint....Dwight was a man among boys tonight. Hopefully he keeps it up

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Dwight goes for 11 pts and 19 rebs. Um...yeah, not the monster numbers of his early years, but still impressive. I'll take those numbers all night every night if that's the kind of presence he brings to Atlanta.

You can tell he's still getting use to his teammates (and vice versa), and trying to get comfortable in Coach Bud's system.

That 4th quarter was beautiful. Gives you a preview of how devastating this team can be offensively and defensively. Kinda looked like the Warriors a bit with how fast Golden State snowballed teams last year.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I was scared of how Sap would be used. All offseason it's been all about D8 and Dennis, Dennis and D8. Sap was getting lost in the press. However, it was good to see Sap have a featured role. Seems they're staggering his minutes to aid in scoring with the 2nd unit since Dennis is starting now. That's what I saw anyways.

THJr going smooth, clean off was great to see. If we can get him going, that changes the dynamic of the team whereby we no longer have to rely on KEK so heavily.

How weird was it to see the 'Zards scared to come into the lane, btw? 19 reboards? Really? Meanwhile the other guy clocked in with his typical 11pt/7reb game in a loss. Have fun with that, Selltics.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I thought they would cut Mike since he's out at least 4 weeks and has an upcoming criminal case or always hurt no hands Tiago smh smh smh

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Any of you ready to admit that Dwight was a good addition? 17 boards tonight(Horford had 14 the whole series last year vs CLE) against Thompson who notoriously whoops the Hawks on the glass...Thompson had 2 rebounds, and 3 Personal Fouls, thats it...amazing

P.S. He missed time to get 4 stiches in his mouth, so he only played 26 min.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Coach Bud is going to be one of the best basketball coaches before it's all said and done. Getting Howard to do things he would never do at previous stops, and just continuing to win with a new starting PG and C. Atlanta's doing all this without a legit NBA top tier star, much less muliple stars like Cleveland and Golden State.

Bud's system is now just "Next man up". Lock him down Hawks.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Any of you ready to admit that Dwight was a good addition? 17 boards tonight(Horford had 14 the whole series last year vs CLE) against Thompson who notoriously whoops the Hawks on the glass...Thompson had 2 rebounds, and 3 Personal Fouls, thats it...amazing

P.S. He missed time to get 4 stiches in his mouth, so he only played 26 min.

Thompson was clearly intimidated by Howard. It was great to see, especially after watching 2 years of Alicia getting absolutely punked by that under-talented oaf.

Also great to see Dennis outplaying Kyme or at least refusing to take the backseat Jeff used to plant himself into.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hawks have definitely stunk it up the last 3 weeks. Maybe they are trying to hard, but they aren't shooting worth squat and the D has been flaky.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Since this seems to be the NBA thread for this year I have to ask. Are we at the point where we can say James Harden is a damn ridiculously good player? He plays like the old out of shape guy at that YMCA that knows every trick in the book to tear everyone up.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Since this seems to be the NBA thread for this year I have to ask. Are we at the point where we can say James Harden is a damn ridiculously good player? He plays like the old out of shape guy at that YMCA that knows every trick in the book to tear everyone up.

He's been a ridiculously good offensive player the last 3 years or so since arriving in HOU. What we're seeing now is the marriage of a really good scorer/offensive player and 'antoni's system (in the regular season).

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
He's been a ridiculously good offensive player the last 3 years or so since arriving in HOU. What we're seeing now is the marriage of a really good scorer/offensive player and 'antoni's system (in the regular season).
His best year by far, love the switch to PG. Hoping SOMEHOW SOMEWAY him and Russ Re-Unite and take down KD.