1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Writer believes there's a chance Paul Johnson steps away after season?

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by BleedingGold, Aug 9, 2018.

1. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

There is very little reason Johnson would walk away. We've missed a bowl game twice in the last three year and his seat isn't the least bit hot, and he has an AD that is publicly making excuses for him. Everything is set up for people to take the "we have to wait before the changes have an impact" argument even if we miss another bowl game. He's at a place where he can skate off of one great year for about 6 years. Why would he walk away from that?

2. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

I think Scott Satterfield will be a candidate for the Vanderbilt job in December along with Larry Fedora who will be fired as head coach of UNC in December;)

TaxJacket likes this.
  3. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

Vandy may not be looking for a new HC ;) Gotta give the man the season Mike, really!

And as a side note Fedora wouldn't get the time of day from the Vandy powers that be

Skeptic and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  4. MikeJackets1967

Derek Mason's hotseat is white hot going into this season and i can't see the commode odors winning more than 3-4 games.

5. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

You may well be right simply as the east will be tougher this year but they have a damn good QB and we know what kind of D Mason can put together.

THWG and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  6. MikeJackets1967

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

7. MacDaddy2

MacDaddy2 Ramblin' Wreck

There is a single name that we should approach and throw the freaking house at him, Jeff Scott. A great young man, a great young coach and a guy who has learned from one the best two coaches in D1

MikeJackets1967 likes this.
  8. iceeater1969

iceeater1969 Helluva Engineer

AND YES
    If less than 4 wins , the new guy will not run the option.
    BUT THE CHANCE OF 4 WIN SEASON = 0.1%.
    IMO
    Coach has a point to prove. He wants the option to be shown as more than a band aid for service academies and gt who cant get top athletes. As gt has added a little staff and facilities, he has a chance to show that.
    ONLY If we regularly have dominant games ( circa 2014 ncst then the run ) with a defense as well as an offense will his offense finally be widely praised .

I look forward to him happily coaching many more years at gt.

This year best case is 7 and 5 w 3 heart break losses and 4 big score wins. THEN A BOWL GAME!

ThatGuy and Adadu like this.
  9. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 We Suck

I wonder if people even realize he's 6 years younger than Saban. He's younger than a lot of coaches.

10. Adadu

Adadu Helluva Engineer

No I never noticed! C'mon dude, the ACC has changed tremendously since the 1990's or for that matter at any other time when we ran a pro style offense. You legitimately think we could consistently get the guys that are needed to execute an offense like that effectively now? I certainly don't. I can only imagine the *** whoopings of having to actually deal with the likes of Clemson and UGA every year head on, talent against talent. Just look at our recruiting rankings and records over the past 18-20 years then talk to me. What do you suggest we do instead of run the option?

TaxJacket likes this.
  11. 33jacket

33jacket Helluva Engineer

He is leaving in next 3-4 years imo-ish

12. Buzztheirazz

Buzztheirazz Helluva Engineer

Ha. Yeah. Was going to previous post and say we are MUCH more likely to go 9-3 with this group than 3-9.

13. SteamWhistle

SteamWhistle Helluva Engineer

The next coach we hire won’t be Chan Gailey. How many 3 win seasons did Chan have? How many bowl games did he miss? The Acc is better now but we are worse, if Tech hires another triple option head coach it will show not only the fans but the whole country that mediocrity has been accepted. I love Paul Johnson but I will never support the hire of ANOTHER Spread Option coach.

GT14 likes this.
  14. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

And the guys who think W-L are determined only by offense show up as on cue. LOL

If you're going to make ignorant posts, root for an SEC team

TechPreacher likes this.
  15. GTdragons

GTdragons Ramblin' Wreck

KQ doesn’t think so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Towaliga

Towaliga Helluva Engineer

And Snyder at Kansas State just got an extension that will last through his 82nd birthday, so CPJ looks like a spring chicken comparatively.

17. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

Four wins is not even a threshhold. If we win but four he ought to quit. But neither is happening.

18. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

In something completely unrelated but Tech fans will shout agreement in unison, apparently there was a lot of talk at the ACC get-together and confidential polls and whatnot,and the judgment on Mark Richt at Miami was a puzzled, "Apparently he thinks his players are better than your players so we'll just let 'em play." I guess the ACC has discovered the hole in Richt's swing: he can't game coach.

19. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

Fake news :ROFLMAO:

GTdragons and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  20. GTFLETCH

GTFLETCH Helluva Engineer

He will be coaching next year