Writer believes there's a chance Paul Johnson steps away after season?

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
That is such bulls**t, go and look at the offer lists for Tech recruits over the last 3-4 years. You'll see that the likes of MTSU and Furman, rarely if ever appear as schools that are under any consideration. Wake and Vandy perhaps a bit more considered but even these are lower level choices for the vast majority of the players currently on the roster and committed for the '19 class. I get so tired of reading this kind of misinformation when it takes little effort to post accurate information but that doesn't appear to fit some folks agenda.
I respect your opinion however, look at the offer lists and you will see where i am coming from.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I respect your opinion however, look at the offer lists and you will see where i am coming from.

You know, I do look before I post. The 2019 class so far,

Jordan Huff DB Louisville, Michigan St, Ole Miss, UNC, Tenn

Wesley Walker DB Louisville, LSU, Notre Dame, Tenn, Ole Miss, Miss St

Jordan Yates QB Southern Miss, Tulane, S Alabama, Miami (Oh)

Ahdarrious Gee OLB South Carolina, Kentucky, Indiana, Miss State, NCST

Tony Amerson RB Louisville, Maryland, Miss State, Purdue, Kentucky

Devin Ellison RB Kentucky, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse

D’Quan Douse DE Kentucky, South FL, Central FL

Jamal Camp DT Tenn, Tulane (younger brother of Jalen Camp)

Chico Bennett OLB Tenn, UVA, Kentucky, TCU, Purdue. Missouri, Louisville

Demetrius Knight QB Tn Tech

Jalon Calhoun WR Penn State, Air Force, East Carolina

Zach Owens WR Maryland, S. Alabama

Jeremiah Smith S Pitt, WVA, Oregon St, Miss State, Iowa State, Cincinnati

Joshua Black DT Louisville, South Carolina, Seton Hall

Larry Dowdy OL App State, Western Carolina, GA Southern, GA State. Lowest rated recruit in the case so far yet a 4 year starter for IIRC a 2 time state champion team

Damn if it doesn't seem that every commitment to date other than Dowdy and Knight had high D-1 offers. Amazing how that happens, isn't it?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You know, I do look before I post. The 2019 class so far,

Jordan Huff DB Louisville, Michigan St, Ole Miss, UNC, Tenn

Wesley Walker DB Louisville, LSU, Notre Dame, Tenn, Ole Miss, Miss St

Jordan Yates QB Southern Miss, Tulane, S Alabama, Miami (Oh)

Ahdarrious Gee OLB South Carolina, Kentucky, Indiana, Miss State, NCST

Tony Amerson RB Louisville, Maryland, Miss State, Purdue, Kentucky

Devin Ellison RB Kentucky, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse

D’Quan Douse DE Kentucky, South FL, Central FL

Jamal Camp DT Tenn, Tulane (younger brother of Jalen Camp)

Chico Bennett OLB Tenn, UVA, Kentucky, TCU, Purdue. Missouri, Louisville

Demetrius Knight QB Tn Tech

Jalon Calhoun WR Penn State, Air Force, East Carolina

Zach Owens WR Maryland, S. Alabama

Jeremiah Smith S Pitt, WVA, Oregon St, Miss State, Iowa State, Cincinnati

Joshua Black DT Louisville, South Carolina, Seton Hall

Larry Dowdy OL App State, Western Carolina, GA Southern, GA State. Lowest rated recruit in the case so far yet a 4 year starter for IIRC a 2 time state champion team

Damn if it doesn't seem that every commitment to date other than Dowdy and Knight had high D-1 offers. Amazing how that happens, isn't it?
Impressive, yes. But a question that has bothered me forever and nobody can seem to answer: when we see an offer sheet, how do we know it is legit? (From anybody. I am not taking sides here.) I see on other boards an occasional offer and the kid then lists 15-20 schools, right across the P5 conferences, and every top 10 finisher from the last season is there. Clearly that is nuts. But is there any way of knowing who has offered?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Impressive, yes. But a question that has bothered me forever and nobody can seem to answer: when we see an offer sheet, how do we know it is legit? (From anybody. I am not taking sides here.) I see on other boards an occasional offer and the kid then lists 15-20 schools, right across the P5 conferences, and every top 10 finisher from the last season is there. Clearly that is nuts. But is there any way of knowing who has offered?

Honestly? There is no way to know for certain unless the recruit posts an offer letter since coaches cannot comment. I do prefer to think Tech commitments are being honest. Looking at the top rated recruits it makes sense they would be actively recruited. Dowdy is an interesting case in being a very talented OL with huge upside not being heavily recruited. Everything I see on him is positively glowing!

As a side note, if you see a recruit with an offer listed across the recruiting services you can assume the offer is legitimate. Most of the writers do have access to position coaches and the like that will confirm an offer off the record

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
Offer lists are also not complete on who would offer. Especially the early kids who are set on their commitment.

There are schools who won't offer a kid unless there is a serious chance they'll commit (or the you have an offer if you want to commit).

Dowdy might have been able to commit to a lot of schools, but he wanted the Tech offer from the beginning. He may not be even picking up the phone for other recruiters.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Honestly? There is no way to know for certain unless the recruit posts an offer letter since coaches cannot comment. I do prefer to think Tech commitments are being honest. Looking at the top rated recruits it makes sense they would be actively recruited. Dowdy is an interesting case in being a very talented OL with huge upside not being heavily recruited. Everything I see on him is positively glowing!

As a side note, if you see a recruit with an offer listed across the recruiting services you can assume the offer is legitimate. Most of the writers do have access to position coaches and the like that will confirm an offer off the record
Thanks.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Ask anyone who knows Lane Kiffin and they’ll say he runs an exciting brand of football and is extremely knowledgeable. He’s also morally challenged. I would have loved to see him return to a Tennessee.... but he is 100% wrong for GT.
Except he's not 100% wrong for us.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
Except he's not 100% wrong for us.

I believe I remember who won that battle between Johnson and Darth Kiffin

20121231152308.0.jpg

2-georgia-tech-paul-johnson-kirby-lee.jpg
49f9770049adaaa4f4fc72c19416c95f--yellow-jackets-oasis.jpg

And there's no way Kiffin would be hired by GT. He's toxic imo, and he's making his hay off of higher level JuCo players at a lower level of football. His coaches live at Last Chance U. Heck, he hired Clint Trickett from there.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Why is anyone giving this hack writer any credence at all? Are the ANY indications PJ is contemplating walking away or is it mere speculation on anyone's part? I hate these kind of threads going into a season SMDH

I read somewhere that he / agent put his name out for some job in tennessee.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

20121231152308.0.jpg

And there's no way Kiffin would be hired by GT. He's toxic imo, and he's making his hay off of higher level JuCo players at a lower level of football. His coaches live at Last Chance U. Heck, he hired Clint Trickett from there.
He just won 10 games at FAU. He's a really good coach

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow

20121231152308.0.jpg

I think I listened to this game on the radio, so this is the first time I've seen these uniforms. I had no idea such an atrocity existed. These may even be as bad as Maryland uniforms. No wonder people hate Russell.