Why do we stay with Russell Athletic?

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I'll take the blame
giphy2.gif

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
UA I feel has hinted a few times that they'll be coming after GT in 2018.

I hope we choose them over Nike but I honestly would rather stay with RA than go to adidas.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
UA I feel has hinted a few times that they'll be coming after GT in 2018.

I hope we choose them over Nike but I honestly would rather stay with RA than go to adidas.
No, anything is better than Russell. Ask any high school kid. Despite what anyone here thinks, it's really about the kids that are going to be the student athletes. I want something that they like, and I guarantee that Russell is at the very very very very very bottom of the list to them.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
So, to answer the OP, we stay with RA because we have a contract.

No GT alum or former honcho is attached to RA. Cal James was previously in charge but that may have been about 2 decades ago, or something like that.

I was told by an Asst AD at GT that uni design input was part RA / part. GT / part S/A. IDK. But, I can only imagine what type of abortion Nike would come up with for GT.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Did anyone hear anything about us & UA on 680?

There's a thread on another board and there's some question about whether they were talking about us or the Cal deal announced yesterday.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone hear anything about us & UA on 680?

There's a thread on another board and there's some question about whether they were talking about us or the Cal deal announced yesterday.

After I saw buzztalks tweet I turned it on and they had Bobinski on and were talking to him about the Cal deal. Bobinski then said we will explore other options after RA deal is done, saying they're a great equipment company but not an apparel company

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After I saw buzztalks tweet I turned it on and they had Bobinski on and were talking to him about the Cal deal. Bobinski then said we will explore other options after RA deal is done, saying they're a great equipment company but not an apparel company

If MBob said we're waiting for a deal to end, he's full of ****. You get those ducks in a row ahead of a deal ending.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
If MBob said we're waiting for a deal to end, he's full of ****. You get those ducks in a row ahead of a deal ending.

I took it to mean, not that he has not investigated options, but that until the R/A contract ends we can not make a move.
No way he could come out and say we have a deal with "insert name here" starting in 2 years.

I have no doubt he has heard more about unis than getting a FB coach who wants to beat ugag.

Or do people think we have the $ to buy out R/A but not the $ to pay off 2 BB coaches?

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
I took it to mean, not that he has not investigated options, but that until the R/A contract ends we can not make a move.
No way he could come out and say we have a deal with "insert name here" starting in 2 years.

I have no doubt he has heard more about unis than getting a FB coach who wants to beat ugag.

Or do people think we have the $ to buy out R/A but not the $ to pay off 2 BB coaches?

With uniform contracts it's pretty common for the new company to pay the buy out from the old deal if it's not up yet. And some deals don't include buyouts if the school is getting significant cash in.

Not sure if that report is valid yet though.