Why do we stay with Russell Athletic?

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I like what TS is doing and trust that he will make a good deal for Tech. Personally, I do not have a favorite. We all wore Connies when I was playing and nobody thought much about it. I was happy when the coaches agreed to let us wear white low cuts.
I have no favorite either. I'm just rooting for a deal so there will be fewer threads and comments complaining about RA although it may take a generation before they go away completely. I have been convinced it is a genuine issue that needs to be solved but personally I will never understand why a brand name matters so much to some. I realize not everyone is like me.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I was really hoping for Adidas. I feel like they could've done more for as as far as promoting the brand. Unless Nike has a plan, I see us as just another school with a swoosh on our uniform. Adidas has done a lot for Louisville's brand for example. I look on Eastbay or Adidas website and schools like them, Miss St, Miami and Texas A&M are all over. With Nike I fell like we get lumped in with Washington St, UCF, Wake or Minnesota types.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I was really hoping for Adidas. I feel like they could've done more for as as far as promoting the brand. Unless Nike has a plan, I see us as just another school with a swoosh on our uniform. Adidas has done a lot for Louisville's brand for example. I look on Eastbay or Adidas website and schools like them, Miss St, Miami and Texas A&M are all over. With Nike I fell like we get lumped in with Washington St, UCF, Wake or Minnesota types.

I'm sympathetic to this. I don't feel (or fell) like we'd fall into that category with Nike, but I fear it.

That being said, TS seems pretty clear what he's looking for so hopefully we'll be good wherever.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Josh Pastner definitely approves.
That is apparently a big part of the deal. Both Pastner and PJ want Nike. The Nike rep has been on campus the most and especially since Pastner took over. Seems like the $$$ from UA or Adidas wasn't enough to make a big difference. Of course that could change but a lot of smoke that it's now Nike to beat.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm sympathetic to this. I don't feel (or fell) like we'd fall into that category with Nike, but I fear it.

That being said, TS seems pretty clear what he's looking for so hopefully we'll be good wherever.

The AJC article went to lengths to talk about Nike's program for building a program's brand - one that our AD went through and spoke highly of at OSU. I figured this was going to be a big deal in the discussions.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If it means we don't need the "CJP Wardrobe Watch" thread in the future, it's worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
If you are are fan of the 1/4 zip pullovers, Finish Line in Sugarloaf Mills has some UA GT quarter zips for $10.99!!!! Only 5 left. Only Ls and XLs