Why do we stay with Russell Athletic?

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't doubt any of you guys or your sources. But it seems everyone and their sources are saying different things and that to me says that everyone is still in play. Hopefully its a bidding war.

2 months ago I wouldn't have agreed with this, (as my UA contacts were very confident as well) but I will now. It's apparent that it's a 2 horse race, but there are still a lot of doubts and exploration in the office. Will let you know if I hear anything more definitive.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don't doubt any of you guys or your sources. But it seems everyone and their sources are saying different things and that to me says that everyone is still in play. Hopefully its a bidding war.

My source tells me you'll be rockin' some sweet BBB GT gear soon.
tenor.gif

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Well today I just got my custom made Nike air vapormax. Nikes new innovative technology.
After wearing Adidas ultraboost I have to say they blow Nike away. The Nike's look great but nowhere near the comfort of the Ultraboost.
I'm on the Adidas bandwagon all the way now.

WreckedbyWhiskey

Georgia Tech Fan
Source tells me that Todd is a huge Nike advocate - only makes sense that he has relationships with Nike coming from the state where they are headquartered. It's my understanding that Nike verbally agreed to match any offer from UA or Adidas.

Challenge is that we don't want to be Nike's smallest market in the state of GA (or in the ACC for that matter) - this will be the deciding factor when finalizing a decision.

UA is struggling to grow and Adidas is on a hot streak domestically at the moment. My hopes are still set on Nike but knowing that we would potentially only represent a small percentage of their total spend, we could be left with only two choices realistically.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Source tells me that Todd is a huge Nike advocate - only makes sense that he has relationships with Nike coming from the state where they are headquartered. It's my understanding that Nike verbally agreed to match any offer from UA or Adidas.

Challenge is that we don't want to be Nike's smallest market in the state of GA (or in the ACC for that matter) - this will be the deciding factor when finalizing a decision.

UA is struggling to grow and Adidas is on a hot streak domestically at the moment. My hopes are still set on Nike but knowing that we would potentially only represent a small percentage of their total spend, we could be left with only two choices realistically.
WOW if this is True the NEW AD is DA MAN!!!! I have not heard this, again the last I heard was Nike offered a deal like Oregon St/Wash State, which would be less than the current deal with RA!!!

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It feels very Adidas to me. They are having the most success with innovation, they have their first US plant in metro Atlanta, they are a global brand. Seems we could find some very creative ways to partner. I wouldn't be shocked to see less $'s than we all dream of but more expression of the GT brand inside of the relationship.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It feels very Adidas to me. They are having the most success with innovation, they have their first US plant in metro Atlanta, they are a global brand. Seems we could find some very creative ways to partner. I wouldn't be shocked to see less $'s than we all dream of but more expression of the GT brand inside of the relationship.
I like what TS is doing and trust that he will make a good deal for Tech. Personally, I do not have a favorite. We all wore Connies when I was playing and nobody thought much about it. I was happy when the coaches agreed to let us wear white low cuts.