Helluva Engineer
UCLA worst uni is better than Russells best minus this season

Y'all cry for the right shade of gold and traditional well here it is

View attachment 2545

View attachment 2546
Agreed but it's also here.

notredameunderarmour2015.jpg

487013338-2951.jpg

I may be the last one on the board hoping for UA but I'm still a hopin.

(You know I'm just being devils advocate to ya right ballin?)

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Agreed but it's also here.

notredameunderarmour2015.jpg

487013338-2951.jpg

I may be the last one on the board hoping for UA but I'm still a hopin.

(You know I'm just being devils advocate to ya right ballin?)

I been strong on the UA bandwagon. They had a rough year with Plank political comments and absolutely botching the design in the Curry 3, but I see them being a great partner. I want Adidas, again, for selfish reasons

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure it's already been said somewhere 40 pages ago but when do they plan on announcing the new deal? Is it this summer or fall? You'd think this would be useful as far as recruiting too. Every other school plays that card, we should and need to as well.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm sure it's already been said somewhere 40 pages ago but when do they plan on announcing the new deal? Is it this summer or fall? You'd think this would be useful as far as recruiting too. Every other school plays that card, we should and need to as well.
The deal doesn't run out until next summer, so I wouldn't expect an announcement until the Spring.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Based on other school's announcements I'd say for our deal ending in the summer the initial announcement will come sometime October-December this year.

GTFLETCH

Banned
From the Stingtalk Board USER COIT:

"Take it for what it's worth, but I met one of the GT tennis players yesterday at a USTA match, and his brother was sporting one of his Russell-branded shirts. He made a joke about how much his brother loves Russell, and I asked him what he had heard.

He said that they had heard it was between UA and Adidas, and it sounds like it is going to be UA. Nike was not mentioned. He had some pretty specific information"

For what it is worth we would be second ACC team wearing UA, as BC is currently the only team wearing UA.

Teams not wearing Nike:
ACC: Boston College-Under Armour (UA), Georgia Tech-Russell Athletic, Louisville-adidas, Miami – adidas, NC State-adidas

Link
http://louisvillesportslive.net/nike-vs-adidas-in-bcs-football/

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
Ken from the AJC with some light reporting on this topic today: http://www.myajc.com/sports/college...artnership-coming-end/8gxmcn7eY7olN2eQlPNIHJ/

Money quote here:
Stansbury said he is in the early stages of gauging interest from Adidas, Nike and Under Armour and hopes to have a decision on the athletic department’s next apparel deal in the next few months.

“So that, one, recruits can know what’s going on, coaches can know what’s going on and we can start to make plans for whatever transition we need to make,” Stansbury said.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Ken from the AJC with some light reporting on this topic today: http://www.myajc.com/sports/college...artnership-coming-end/8gxmcn7eY7olN2eQlPNIHJ/

Money quote here:

“So that, one, recruits can know what’s going on, coaches can know what’s going on and we can start to make plans for whatever transition we need to make,” Stansbury said.

So it would seem this article is about 6 months old... Thanks Ken for basically sitting on and then writing a 6 Month old piece of nothing new... We already knew this...

Back to the important piece:

"Take it for what it's worth, but I met one of the GT tennis players yesterday at a USTA match, and his brother was sporting one of his Russell-branded shirts. He made a joke about how much his brother loves Russell, and I asked him what he had heard.

He said that they had heard it was between UA and Adidas, and it sounds like it is going to be UA. Nike was not mentioned. He had some pretty specific information"

It appears to me that the recruits, SA and staff know what is going on...