Why do we stay with Russell Athletic?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't think Nike is a major player here. Haven't heard there name much. They already have a lot of coverage in the area so they may feel little need to make much of an offer.

I think either UA or Adidas is more likely,

Milwaukee

Banned
So I talked to someone today. Confirmed that Russell is not even bidding. UA wants GT bad but so does Adidas. Nike running a distant third. If the numbers I saw on what Adidas is paying Rutgers are true, then I expect GT deal to be in the $11-12 million a year range. UA may have to pay more than originally expected.

Damnit

ZacketJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I love UA, but I'm afraid their brand is a phase. If it's between them and Adidas, I'd prefer Adidas just because they've got longevity as a top tier athletic apparel company. If we were reconsidering contracts on a yearly basis, I'd be OK with UA right now, but UA may have already seen its best days as a company.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I prefer UA, but I would be extremely happy with Adidas or UA. I'm honestly just sick of seeing Nike sponsor basically every college.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I agree about Nike but looks like they aren’t in the game. UA will be relevant as long as they got Curry.

Wait, what do you mean they're not in the game? Is that confirmed (to the extent that it can be at this point)? Hope not.

That's the thing with UA. Curry could easily go away. Then what?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Wait, what do you mean they're not in the game? Is that confirmed (to the extent that it can be at this point)? Hope not.

That's the thing with UA. Curry could easily go away. Then what?
Not confirmed. Just everything seems to say they’re a distant 3rd right now. Curry has close to another 10 years. At that point you can switch companies again.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Not confirmed. Just everything seems to say they’re a distant 3rd right now. Curry has close to another 10 years. At that point you can switch companies again.

He doesn't have close to 10 years at MVP-level. He'll never be what Lebron is from a marketing standpoint. KD has bypassed him in terms of importance on his own team already.

Anyway, I get it. I'd be ok with UA too. Just prefer Nike.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
He doesn't have close to 10 years at MVP-level. He'll never be what Lebron is from a marketing standpoint. KD has bypassed him in terms of importance on his own team already.

Anyway, I get it. I'd be ok with UA too. Just prefer Nike.
I’ll refrain from my overrated KD response.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Do Johnson or Pastner have any influence on how we sign with? I'm not sure about CPJ but I'm pretty sure CJP had been a Nike guy going back to his days at Arizona. He's played and coached or been on staffs of all Nike schools. I know apparel deals seem to carry a little more weight with basketball than football.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
How much does the Adidas factory thsts being opened just outside ATL play into there possible interest in us?

Adidas is starting to make moves. They are aligning themselves with some major players at the high school football level. They've totally revamped their design and R&D process putting more money in it. As opposed to Nike and UA who seem to be trying to collect any and every school available, Adidas seems to be a little pickier about the schools they're signing now...though they did just lost a major school in ND.