Why do we stay with Russell Athletic?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What is funny about this is that our youngest daughter is a millennial. My wife and I secretly worried that she seemed a little bit entitled. Now she is complaining bitterly about the generation after her and what slackers they are.

Congrats, sir. You apparently did a fantastic job raising her.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Heh, and we stick with tha "R" because of some lousy 2 remaining years on the contract or w/e? UA could pay off them measly years with foldin' money.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If you had asked me what school would get the biggest deal in history UCLA would not have been on my list. Amazing.

That's what I thought at first but then I saw that it's (IIUC) a school-wide, all-sports deal. Makes more sense considering most of the other deals announced (again, IIUC) have been 1-sport deals?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
That's what I thought at first but then I saw that it's (IIUC) a school-wide, all-sports deal. Makes more sense considering most of the other deals announced (again, IIUC) have been 1-sport deals?

I didn't think there were many - if any - one sport deals? Maybe I missed them? I thought schools were either Nike, UA or Adidas ......... or Russell. But the whole school's athletic department went along with the FB/BB lead?

I still don't see UCLA bringing the same value to UA as say Alabama, ND, OSU or even a Duke or UNC. But hey what do I know?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I didn't think there were many - if any - one sport deals? Maybe I missed them? I thought schools were either Nike, UA or Adidas ......... or Russell. But the whole school's athletic department went along with the FB/BB lead?

I still don't see UCLA bringing the same value to UA as say Alabama, ND, OSU or even a Duke or UNC. But hey what do I know?

Hmm, clearly we need a tie-breaker on this. I fully acknowledge I could be wrong in my thinking. Where's the experts when you need them?

Agree though that other real blue bloods would bring bigger pub to UA.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck

Apparently UCLA swag is extremely popular in Asia.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
UCLA still has very strong fan base west of the Rockies. Out there no one gives a rip about the SEC or Big 10 or ACC. Looks like UA is trying to get a big name and there are only a few (UCLA, USC, Arizona, Stanford, etc) Oregon is off the table until Phil Knight dies or Nike goes bankrupt.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Taken from GT's Scout site: (Mods, nuke if not appropriate)

http://www.scout.com/college/georgi...rts-center/14752960-lunch-bunch-brett-daniels

- Contract with Russel ends in Spring 2018. Russell has been a good partner and good to work with, but both sides acknowledge the shortcomings and problems. New uniform contact WILL be open bid and take effect in fall 2018.

Some other good tidbits worth your time to click over.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

http://www.scout.com/college/georgi...rts-center/14752960-lunch-bunch-brett-daniels

- Contract with Russel ends in Spring 2018. Russell has been a good partner and good to work with, but both sides acknowledge the shortcomings and problems. New uniform contact WILL be open bid and take effect in fall 2018.

Only responses that were allowed were those of praise and optimism of both parties.

image.jpeg

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Lot of good stuff in there, thanks for sharing.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Glad GTAA finally put to rest the false comparisons of Tech's academics with Stanford, Duke, Northwestern and Vanderbilt. I too have always thought the comparison with the military academies was more a apt comparison. Also glad they accept the reality of Tech's situation while mapping out a plan to improve team fortunes.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Glad GTAA finally put to rest the false comparisons of Tech's academics with Stanford, Duke, Northwestern and Vanderbilt. I too have always thought the comparison with the military academies was more a apt comparison. Also glad they accept the reality of Tech's situation while mapping out a plan to improve team fortunes.

Using the logic in the thread (private schools can "hide" poor students), I guess Harvard, Yale, et al must pale in comparison with public institutions like UVA, UNC, Michigan...

SMH