Votes: 47 30.3%
  • Tobias

Votes: 108 69.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have no doubt, TO is better than TQM at this point due to health. TQM is not 100% and TO runs more slippery forward and TQM is bending more left and right (might be due to health). TQM did bend in the UNC game. If CPJ cannot call the QB counter play for TQM, TO should start.

Seeing TO run through the shoulder of a pitch read was so beautiful. Not once did he turn back inside (not up field, but back inside) during UNC.

I know I am not CPJ and he knows more than me for sure.

Animal02

Banned
I have no doubt, TO is better than TQM at this point due to health. TQM is not 100% and TO runs more slippery forward and TQM is bending more left and right (might be due to health). TQM did bend in the UNC game. If CPJ cannot call the QB counter play for TQM, TO should start.

Seeing TO run through the shoulder of a pitch read was so beautiful. Not once did he turn back inside (not up field, but back inside) during UNC.

I know I am not CPJ and he knows more than me for sure.
You are the one person on this board who I respect with regard to QB starting.....at the same time, you are not at practice every day. I agree with you that TM is not at 100%, ( I doubt he is at 90) I like the idea at this point of platooning, to keep both healthy.

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
At this point, a drunk 50 year old Vinny Testaverde is better than both options they currently have.
I had to like that. I’ve been supporting Oliver and wanted him to start since the beginning since he’s from right down the road from where I’m from, but that was funny

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I only have the data I have... I was not always on the TO side of things. But, I have to be honest with the data I have seen. The data set is not wholly limited as it has 2 full games that confirmed the USF, Clemson, and Duke play time.

Keep in mind I have been a big TQM defender. I think he can pitch and will pitch on clear reads. If the defense takes the pitch, it is not his issue why he is not pitching. I also think he tends to think run first then pitch and it should be pitch first then run (unless it is a easy 1st down on 3rd down). You can force the pitch at times as QB, like JT. TQM has had some read issues in the BBack and some handling issues deciding on the give with the bback...think ripped off gloves and fumbles. This is TQMs flavoring of the QB position due to his characteristics and makeup. When 100%, TQM "dances"/twists/dodges forward. Hurt, he does a little more bend left and right.

TO has shown he can read really good and I think maybe better then TQM. TQM has him beat in the "clean pitches" at this point. TO moves slippery forward. Now if he gets as hurt as TQM, he may lose some of the forward mentality. 40 runs a game may do him in over a full season. The play book is more open for TO. The variety with TO in the game has been refreshing. I love the triple, but it seems like the triple and counter option get over used with TQM with mixed results and results that have more variability.

I only have game time passing data and I would say they are equal or TO is better. Why? There are a few plays that one can easily think of if one wants to see the difference. Neither is going to be the next great passing QB this year.

Don't pay me millions of dollars to coach, I will fail and fail bad. I could see playing TQM to keep TO more fresh and to start a night game with experience. Byerly should have played earlier in the Duke game in 2014 due to a hurt JT. TO needs to play due to a injured TQM and TO has been proven to be very effective for the whole offense.

I wrote that more for myself than anything else... I wanted to organize my thoughts.

MostDefinitely

Georgia Tech Fan
Like everybody else, I think Tobias should have the job now. But man, my heart breaks for TaQuon. He is such a good kid, a tough player, and an absolutely selfless leader of this team. He has handled the situation with Tobais with class and grace. I hope we find a way to work in both QBs for the rest of the season, even if Tobias takes most of the snaps. TaQuon still brings a unique spark to the field and has the ability to break off huge runs.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I only have the data I have... I was not always on the TO side of things. But, I have to be honest with the data I have seen. The data set is not wholly limited as it has 2 full games that confirmed the USF, Clemson, and Duke play time.

Keep in mind I have been a big TQM defender. I think he can pitch and will pitch on clear reads. If the defense takes the pitch, it is not his issue why he is not pitching. I also think he tends to think run first then pitch and it should be pitch first then run (unless it is a easy 1st down on 3rd down). You can force the pitch at times as QB, like JT. TQM has had some read issues in the BBack and some handling issues deciding on the give with the bback...think ripped off gloves and fumbles. This is TQMs flavoring of the QB position due to his characteristics and makeup. When 100%, TQM "dances"/twists/dodges forward. Hurt, he does a little more bend left and right.

TO has shown he can read really good and I think maybe better then TQM. TQM has him beat in the "clean pitches" at this point. TO moves slippery forward. Now if he gets as hurt as TQM, he may lose some of the forward mentality. 40 runs a game may do him in over a full season. The play book is more open for TO. The variety with TO in the game has been refreshing. I love the triple, but it seems like the triple and counter option get over used with TQM with mixed results and results that have more variability.

I only have game time passing data and I would say they are equal or TO is better. Why? There are a few plays that one can easily think of if one wants to see the difference. Neither is going to be the next great passing QB this year.

Don't pay me millions of dollars to coach, I will fail and fail bad. I could see playing TQM to keep TO more fresh and to start a night game with experience. Byerly should have played earlier in the Duke game in 2014 due to a hurt JT. TO needs to play due to a injured TQM and TO has been proven to be very effective for the whole offense.

I wrote that more for myself than anything else... I wanted to organize my thoughts.

40 carries a game will grind anyone down, especially against better D's (Clemson, Miami, UGAg, UVa (before injuries) ......) Even JfN was really dinged up for what seems like half the season.

Maybe next year we'll be able to platoon 3 QBs to really share the load. (just had to say to see some people's heads explode.)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
40 carries a game will grind anyone down, especially against better D's (Clemson, Miami, UGAg, UVa (before injuries) ......) Even JfN was really dinged up for what seems like half the season.

Maybe next year we'll be able to platoon 3 QBs to really share the load. (just had to say to see some people's heads explode.)
TRIPLE DOG PLATOON??? Yellow Flag, 5 yd penalty for breach in etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat. ;)