Which is the tougher game?

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I watched FSU and UGAg yesterday. I personally think UGAg is the tougher game. It is also the one I want us to win the most. I honestly did not think we stood a chance against them early in the year, but our team has improved beyond my wildest imagination. When CPJ said "we can get sooooo much better" he was right. I think we have. Especially with audibles at the LOS.

What say you? Which game do you think is the toughest to win? Which one do you want to see us win the most?

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the mutts will be the tougher game as well. They are really strong at the LOS. Chubb is the real deal too. I think we have to stack the box and force Mason to beat us with his arm. On offense I think we need to hit a couple of nice passes early to loosen up their D then we can start to do what we do.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
UGA and UGA. We match up well with FSU they probably have the best secondary in the country but they're vulnerable to the run. I don't know if we'll have an answer for Nick O'Leary though. We need to blitz so much to get pressure and I'm not sure we can cover him with a safety.

UGA is literally the exact opposite. Despite the Florida game they are huge upfront and weak in the secondary. Offensively they can run it with ease behind that o line.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
GA, of the two, will be a tougher game. The dwags are a more punishing team that wears on a team and with Tech's lack of depth on the D line this could be the difference. Free shoes is a more finesse team and loves the passing game, with the improvement in Tech's back 7 this could be the difference in the ACCCG. Both teams have issues with a great running team and Tech definitely fits that category!

As to COFH you have add in the emotion of the game, this dwag team does not want to the first to lose to Tech in this class but this also comes into play for Tech's senior. I, for one, am glad this game is at the cesspool. As we all know Tech's last win in the series came there :D History, you know!

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Honestly I'm not even worried about FSU. I just have a bad feeling in my stomach about the UGA game. It's been since Tenuta since we have been able to stop their power running game, yes last year we did slow it down somewhat but they just match up great with us this year

Goldisbest

Georgia Tech Fan
I think Uga is tougher because of their run game. I think we will put up points on both. Hopefully, the D will continue to force some TO's and we will take care of the ball in both games. We knew many weeks ago that we could win any game and lose any game. I think that is true for the next 2 games. So, let's just win.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
does not matter. I LOVE this team and just want them to play loose, have fun, and play their game to their full potential. Play error free. Play with fire. The rest will take care of itself. I felt this was going to be a special year and it has been.

I did waver a bit after Duke and UNC games but still see the evidence of this being an extra special year. It is not over until its over.
Go Jackets! Swam all over the Mutts and make them whimper.
YHWG

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am really glad we made the ACCCG, but I hope our players aren't thinking about FSU at all right now. In fact, I don't want to think about them either. I think UGAg poses a huge challenge for us. They might be the worst match up for us this entire season. Their strengths (as huge as they are) directly align with our greatest weakness as a team. They could be the first team we face who will stay committed to the run ( I am talking a similar run pass ratio that we typically have) and have the ability to sustain it. I have had these recurring nightmares about them lining up 4 wide every play and just "deep handoff" - ing us to death behind a very good OL. It is hard for me to imagine a scenario where our DL (given our lack of depth) can hold up to the constant pounding of a running attack like that. We are a very small defensive unit. Our strength is running around the field and making it seem small with speed. They are going to be punching us in the stomach repeatedly.

With that said they are probably just as worried about us as we are about them. We will be hard to stop for them too. I guess the big question for me is: will we be able to jar a couple balls loose and get a lead? If so, I like our chances in that scenario.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
I watched FSU and UGAg yesterday. I personally think UGAg is the tougher game. It is also the one I want us to win the most. I honestly did not think we stood a chance against them early in the year, but our team has improved beyond my wildest imagination. When CPJ said "we can get sooooo much better" he was right. I think we have. Especially with audibles at the LOS.

What say you? Which game do you think is the toughest to win? Which one do you want to see us win the most?

It's hard to say, singe the mutts played weak *** opponents like Vandy, Kentucky. Tennessee, Clemson without Watson, Troy and Charleston Southern. They lost to terrible South Carolina and UF teams. IMO, we are one of the best teams they will face this year! FSU is similar IMO, but they have the "IT" factor that keeps them from losing. The Noles play for all 60 minutes, so we need to do the same and never let up.

Either way, I like our chances against both opponents.

Atomic Jacket

Banned
There is another way the timing of the Georgia game hurts us. I had mentioned earlier that the placement of the Georgia game, which we lose about 95% of the time, at the end of the season, serves the purpose of leaving Tech fans with a sour memory as their last impression of the football season, and that this over a generation, tends to destroy the psyche of the overall Georgia Tech fanbase and keep fan membership low. Having it earlier in the season would allow time for the defeat to lose its sting as memories of easier victories replace it in the minds of the typical what-have-you-done-for-me-lately fan. The second way the placement of this game harms us is that it is likely to burn out (and possibly injure) some of our best players as they put forth a tremendous effort into beating the rival on the week before the Championship Game.

If he doesn't do anything else useful, Bobinski ought to expend all the political capital he has to getting this game moved permanently early in the season.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think FSU is by far the most dangerous opponent of the two.

Because they have better talent? No. The Dwags are more talented overall, though FSU is far better at QB and at WR. Because they match up better with us? No. The fonts above who say that Ugag is a team whose strengths match up quite well with our weaknesses are right. Because we won't be as efficient on O and D against the Bullpukes? No. I think we'll do fine against both teams in those departments.

It's because FSU doesn't think they are going to lose. That's, as I've said before, a terrible obstacle to overcome. Ugag has lost before this season and in their last loss to FL, they gave up on the field. I watched part of that game and they laid down and died. If we get up a score or two and are playing well, the Dwags will begin to lose heart. It's happened before, it could happen again. Besides, we nearly beat them last year with a much worse team and I'm pretty sure they remember that. The reason they won that game is now on the sidelines to boot.

FSU, oth, has come back from being behind in several games this year and has the best pro-style QB in the country to help them do it. They don't think they can lose, to us or anyone else. They will never give up on a game like Ugag did against the Lizards. Teams like that are almost impossible to whip, if they have any talent to speak of, and the Criminoles sure do have that.

In short, both games will tax us extremely to win them, but I feel better about our chances with the Dwags then with FSU.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
There is another way the timing of the Georgia game hurts us. I had mentioned earlier that the placement of the Georgia game, which we lose about 95% of the time, at the end of the season, serves the purpose of leaving Tech fans with a sour memory as their last impression of the football season, and that this over a generation, tends to destroy the psyche of the overall Georgia Tech fanbase and keep fan membership low. Having it earlier in the season would allow time for the defeat to lose its sting as memories of easier victories replace it in the minds of the typical what-have-you-done-for-me-lately fan. The second way the placement of this game harms us is that it is likely to burn out (and possibly injure) some of our best players as they put forth a tremendous effort into beating the rival on the week before the Championship Game.

If he doesn't do anything else useful, Bobinski ought to expend all the political capital he has to getting this game moved permanently early in the season.
Dumb. Just beat the dumb dawgs, you know how big of pussies we would like if we moved the rivalry game because we get sad in the off season ? Did you ever play a single sport growing up?