Where do we go from here?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
USF will probably be a double digit win team this year but there is still no excuse for losing like we did. If they came out and rolled us 56-28 most of us would just accept the fact they were the better team. It's the fact that we lost in the exact same damn way we did just about every game last year that is causing everyone to lose their damn mind. There is zero excuse for this kind of crap. I have never in my life seen a team consistently **** the bed with the game in hand like us. It has nothing to do with USF making big plays to take the lead or making big stops defensively. It's the fact we have the game pretty much in hand, and we flat out fumble the ball for no reason whatsoever other than the fact that we don't know how to win a football game. It's disgusting to watch and the loser mentality translates throughout the entire program from us fans, to the coaches, and to the players on the field. It's a loser mentality and it's the same reason why we pretty much expect to lose if we aren't up 30.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
USF will probably be a double digit win team this year but there is still no excuse for losing like we did. If they came out and rolled us 56-28 most of us would just accept the fact they were the better team. It's the fact that we lost in the exact same damn way we did just about every game last year that is causing everyone to lose their damn mind. There is zero excuse for this kind of crap. I have never in my life seen a team consistently **** the bed with the game in hand like us. It has nothing to do with USF making big plays to take the lead or making big stops defensively. It's the fact we have the game pretty much in hand, and we flat out fumble the ball for no reason whatsoever other than the fact that we don't know how to win a football game. It's disgusting to watch and the loser mentality translates throughout the entire program from us fans, to the coaches, and to the players on the field. It's a loser mentality and it's the same reason why we pretty much expect to lose if we aren't up 30.

100% agree

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
There is no where we can go. We keep playing, hope the guys turn things around, and hope South Florida somehow ends up in the top 15 so that this loss looks a little better. If none of that happens, we evaluate things at the end of the season. If we don't make a bowl then we probably have to go in a completely different direction.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I’d love that to happen, but I don’t believe it will. We’ll get one of those — Miami — at the most, and probably not that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not optimistic. I am worried about Pitt, Duke and louisville

The media picked us third in the Coastal. Virginia, UNC are bad. There is some hope!
We are bad. Our d is still the same ole bs. The play calling when the game is on the line is still same ole bs. It's just time to move on from Johnson. I just don't understand why some of you can't see there is definitely talent problems along with coaching problems. There is a mixture of things that is not working. Tech needs to take a look at the whole program itself. Need to figure out how much do you want to win. Do you care ? Do you care ? If you care, than spend the money! Not sure why this is so hard to figure out.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
Beyond a million other factors that could be discussed, here's one that is not discussed here often. 4 and 5 star athletes all believe they are going to make it to the NFL, even if the statistic don't really bare that out. But... to recruit 4 and 5 star athletes, you have to start with having a system that they perceive will help them get there. We do not have that system on offense.

It may be effective most of the time, but it's not effective at drawing in NFL level talent. When was the last time we had a 1st rounder, 2010? Morgan and Thomas were both 1st rounders, and both recruited for a different system. We've had one other since 1998, and that was Calvin Johnson. So... we've had three first round picks in 20 years, and none since 2010 with no hope of that changing. We've had one offensive player taken in the first three rounds since Bay Bay in 2010.

You can say X's and O's matter, and they do, but Johnny's and Joe's win football games at the end of the day. We're not running a system that will bring in the higher end Johnny's and Joe's.

I understand there are other factors in play, such as kids don't want to go to class, we're not a 'cool' brand, we don't have the money of other programs, etc... but this one is a reality that is getting more real for me with every blown 4th quarter lead we have.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
It's not a lack of ****ing talent. Go look at teams like Texas and FSU who's losing to Samford right now. They clearly just not have the jimmies and joes either. It's a lack of leadership, a loser mentality, bad coaching, and consistent missed assignments in the field. Not talent.

Beyond a million other factors that could be discussed, here's one that is not discussed here often. 4 and 5 star athletes all believe they are going to make it to the NFL, even if the statistic don't really bare that out. But... to recruit 4 and 5 star athletes, you have to start with having a system that they perceive will help them get there. We do not have that system on offense.

It may be effective most of the time, but it's not effective at drawing in NFL level talent. When was the last time we had a 1st rounder, 2010? Morgan and Thomas were both 1st rounders, and both recruited for a different system. We've had one other since 1998, and that was Calvin Johnson. So... we've had three first round picks in 20 years, and none since 2010 with no hope of that changing. We've had one offensive player taken in the first three rounds since Bay Bay in 2010.

You can say X's and O's matter, and they do, but Johnny's and Joe's win football games at the end of the day. We're not running a system that will bring in the higher end Johnny's and Joe's.

I understand there are other factors in play, such as kids don't want to go to class, we're not a 'cool' brand, we don't have the money of other programs, etc... but this one is a reality that is getting more real for me with every blown 4th quarter lead we have.
The offense does put up numbers and I realize that .Here is one stat I want somebody to find. What are the numbers of the offense against our big 4(Clemson, Miami, Va Tech , and UGA) since 2010. On average what are they? We know the D blows balls. I honestly think this offense hurts our D the most. This is my tbought. We need a change !

It's not a lack of ****ing talent. Go look at teams like Texas and FSU who's losing to Samford right now. They clearly just not have the jimmies and joes either. It's a lack of leadership, a loser mentality, bad coaching, and consistent missed assignments in the field. Not talent.
We would lose to Texas and FSU today!

There is talent issues. Not sure where your eyes have been. I can tell you that there is MAJOR talent issues in the front 7 on this team.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
We are not a good team. Special teams are bad, O is inconsistent, D is the same as last year. Combination of things from athletic and speed of players to coaching. Think CPJ has made some bad in game decisions the past couple of years. Feel TO at QB gives us best option to be 500 or better this year. Otherwise, changes need to be at year end with our football program.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
We are bad. Our d is still the same ole bs. The play calling when the game is on the line is still same ole bs. It's just time to move on from Johnson. I just don't understand why some of you can't see there is definitely talent problems along with coaching problems. There is a mixture of things that is not working. Tech needs to take a look at the whole program itself. Need to figure out how much do you want to win. Do you care ? Do you care ? If you care, than spend the money! Not sure why this is so hard to figure out.
I honestly believe CPJ has lost his fire. I know he hates to lose and all of that but I don’t think he has that chip on his shoulder anymore. He has proven his offense can work on this level but he has also proven to me that he can’t build a consistent winner. He likes to blame GT for not putting up the money for recruiting and having inferior talent.

I know better recruits would help but it’s not just the Jimmies and Joe’s.

It seems like almost every year Navy proves to be a better team than us. They look way more fundamentally sound and win a couple of big time games. All of this with just 2 star players.

We are not a good team. Special teams are bad, O is inconsistent, D is the same as last year. Combination of things from athletic and speed of players to coaching. Think CPJ has made some bad in game decisions the past couple of years. Feel TO at QB gives us best option to be 500 or better this year. Otherwise, changes need to be at year end with our football program.
I can only imagine the kind of people that make these decisions. Who are they ? What's their names? Who ultimately decideds a coaches futire ? Can't tell me its all tstan. He just gave him a extension. No way he is on board for a change.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

If we went to a more traditional offense would we start getting a lot of 4 and 5 stars?