When does Pastner feel heat

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
There are 18 guys in the country shooting 65% or better from the field with a minimum of 80 FGA on the season. Only 5 reside in the power 6.

Big Ben had a career FG% of 50.7% overall and 51.1% from two. He only broke 60% once and that was his sophomore season when he averaged 2.4 attempts per ballgame. I would call Ben one of the most efficient big men to come through this program in 20 years just from a “watching the game” standpoint. (I didn’t run a comparison)

38% from three with a high usage rate is fantastic, 55%-60% from the field when you’re putting up 10-15 shots a game is pretty damn good.

Last edited:

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I ATTENDED THE VIRGINIA GAME.

My mind has changed. I love Pastner and wish him all the best, he’s been a fun guy to have. But the last two games are unacceptable. I see no future in what we have now. We have TALENT but Pastner’s system is holding us back. Idk if we will fire him this year bc we just fired Collins but we have to act soon because he we’re headed right back to where we were under Gregory.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
He better feel some heat now. Because I went from one of his biggest supporters to wanting him gone in less than a week.
As attendance drops to less than 2K GT fans including students it will become obvious to Brat that we have a serious problem with GT BB. If it looked like a fix was around the corner that would be one thing, however, there appears no hope for improvement. CJP said he worked the guys really hard this week and we lay an ugly egg. That says it in a nutshell.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
As attendance drops to less than 2K GT fans including students it will become obvious to Brat that we have a serious problem with GT BB. If it looked like a fix was around the corner that would be one thing, however, there appears no hope for improvement. CJP said he worked the guys really hard this week and we lay an ugly egg. That says it in a nutshell.

Just cough up 30 million dude! Lol…heaven forbid we have the AA show they use money wisely before giving them more.

EddieK

Jolly Good Fellow
It's year 7 for Pastner and his record is 101-102. His recruiting rankings from 2017-2021 are 79, 47, 123, 76, and 30, respectively. If mediocrity is our goal, let's keep him. But if being consistently in the top-third of the ACC is the goal, which I think is not an unrealistic expectation at all, then we should seriously consider getting a new coach.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
It's year 7 for Pastner and his record is 101-102. His recruiting rankings from 2017-2021 are 79, 47, 123, 76, and 30, respectively. If mediocrity is our goal, let's keep him. But if being consistently in the top-third of the ACC is the goal, which I think is not an unrealistic expectation at all, then we should seriously consider getting a new coach.
We’re not even mediocre anymore. We’re just bad.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I ATTENDED THE VIRGINIA GAME.

My mind has changed. I love Pastner and wish him all the best, he’s been a fun guy to have. But the last two games are unacceptable. I see no future in what we have now. We have TALENT but Pastner’s system is holding us back. Idk if we will fire him this year bc we just fired Collins but we have to act soon because he we’re headed right back to where we were under Gregory.
Sadly this seems to be true...

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Just cough up 30 million dude! Lol…heaven forbid we have the AA show they use money wisely before giving them more.
You are content with the crap that masquerades as an ACC BB team. $30M is crap. VT hired Mike Young for $2M in 2020. His base is $2.5M. There are good coaches all over college BB. The money is a BS excuse for a crap team coached by a crap coach.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
How could we do worse? The program is going in reverse and no one is watching anymore. Doesn't get much worse than that. Gotta can this nerd and get a real coach. We did Memphis a huge favor and were told we were getting a good recruiter and mediocre coach. From my seat my seat, he looks like a below average recruiter and coach.

There are 18 guys in the country shooting 65% or better from the field with a minimum of 80 FGA on the season. Only 5 reside in the power 6.

Big Ben had a career FG% of 50.7% overall and 51.1% from two. He only broke 60% once and that was his sophomore season when he averaged 2.4 attempts per ballgame. I would call Ben one of the most efficient big men to come through this program in 20 years just from a “watching the game” standpoint. (I didn’t run a comparison)

38% from three with a high usage rate is fantastic, 55%-60% from the field when you’re putting up 10-15 shots a game is pretty damn good.

He better feel some heat now. Because I went from one of his biggest supporters to wanting him gone in less than a week.

Note that the quotes above were posted during the game, although @TheDanielHordShow was at the game. Kinda proof of a lack of interest in the program with posts being made during a game. Not calling out the individuals , just showing that when committed fans are doing so, it shows that we have many losing interest.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Note that the quotes above were posted during the game, although @TheDanielHordShow was at the game. Kinda proof of a lack of interest in the program with posts being made during a game. Not calling out the individuals , just showing that when committed fans are doing so, it shows that we have many losing interest.
Easy to take the time to run a filter when you’re down 48-26 in the blink of an eye lol

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I thought you were done donating. Which is it?
Weird how your response to mine was a total change in direction.

You wanna take a passive aggressive potshot, so be it. I know you're not capable of putting together any real thought about the topic.

I'm not going to directly give more to hoops at this point.

That doesn't mean I don't stand by my view on the level of commitment needed to set up a new staff for their first 5 years.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Weird how your response to mine was a total change in direction.

You wanna take a passive aggressive potshot, so be it. I know you're not capable of putting together any real thought about the topic.

I'm not going to directly give more to hoops at this point.

That doesn't mean I don't stand by my view on the level of commitment needed to set up a new staff for their first 5 years.

I’m taking potshots…lol. That’s all you and Connell do on here for folks that dare question pastner.

No worries. Year 10 of get old-stay old it’ll still be shut up, donate and be patient.

Last edited:

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

Fair. I did watch and was frustrated by yet another game being all but over at the 16 minute mark 2nd half.