What's the loudest you've ever heard Bobby Dodd Stadium?

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
It happened against Clemson and I was either in Senior or grad section in upper deck. That was either 1972 or 1973. The next time we played Clemson at BDS they brought the freshman/JV team out on the field to protect the mascot. The students were chanting Get the Tiger get the Tiger. The tiger was standing about midfield and took off toward the south end. The rats caught the mascot about the 20 yard line in the south end. There was a big pile and this one guy comes flying out of there running back toward the rat section holding the tail above his head. It was before the teams had come out of the locker rooms. I think they stopped the rats from going out on the field after that. I can't remember when they did away with the rat section on.the east side. Terrible seats. My freshman year was the last official year of enforced rat rules. 1964. (I spent 4 years in the navy and came back to graduate if you do the math). I did not attend an Auburn game in 1979 so maybe it happened again. I had moved away by then.
I was a rat on the field in 78 when we played the Citadel. The order came from the students in the East Stands, where we heard a loud roar behind us and saw them pointing at the mascot. The student section instigated the action. Rats just followed orders. Sounds like the same thing happened earlier with your Clemson experience. The following year I was in the stands watching the rats chase after the Auburn Tiger, where they were met by some male Auburn cheerleaders that looked like former O-linemen.

Animal02

Banned
I was a rat on the field in 78 when we played the Citadel. The order came from the students in the East Stands, where we heard a loud roar behind us and saw them pointing at the mascot. The student section instigated the action. Rats just followed orders. Sounds like the same thing happened earlier with your Clemson experience. The following year I was in the stands watching the rats chase after the Auburn Tiger, where they were met by some male Auburn cheerleaders that looked like former O-linemen.
So three of us were put there in '78. ;)
Anyone else?

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
So three of us were put there in '78. ;)
Anyone else?

We were there during some of the darkest days of GT athletics. Keeping in mind a portion of title of this topic, I recall going to basketball games at AMC and basketball players hearing me heckle them. There were not that many folks attending games in the early eighties as we transitioned from Rodgers and Morrison to Curry and Cremins.

Animal02

Banned
We were there during some of the darkest days of GT athletics. Keeping in mind a portion of title of this topic, I recall going to basketball games at AMC and basketball players hearing me heckle them. There were not that many folks attending games in the early eighties as we transitioned from Rodgers and Morrison to Curry and Cremins.
It was ugly in football and basketball.
but we saw some greater players (on the other teams)

Fall quarter 1964 was the last year that rat caps were worn every day on campus br freshmen. I think maybe not required on Sunday but we wore them everywhere. If the freshman team beat uga on thanksgiving day we did not have to wear them rest of the quarter. The band is only organisation that seems to wear them now.
Since I was at Tech from '62 till '67, I don't think the rat cap requirement was lifted until after I left, or perhaps during my graduate year in '67. Can't swear to that, but that's what I remember anyway.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Since I was at Tech from '62 till '67, I don't think the rat cap requirement was lifted until after I left, or perhaps during my graduate year in '67. Can't swear to that, but that's what I remember anyway.
There were signs all over campus fall quarter "Bing back rat rules" in fall 1964. Afterward maybe still around but not mandatory. That year also some pranksters made the clock on the classroom building look like a mickey mouse watch. Some frats may have required the rat caps after 64. Only see them now in the band. In 1963 the delts stole the whistle. 1964 was the last year for mandatory ROTC. I hated that rat cap.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Yep. The only era that may have been "darker" was perhaps the late 1930s when Coach Alexander was in his last days. In the late 1970s it was just very hard to recruit Tech for a number of reasons. Coach Curry may have had the most difficult rebuilding job in the history of the school though others may differ. He never wavered from the challenge, I will give him that.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
There were signs all over campus fall quarter "Bing back rat rules" in fall 1964. Afterward maybe still around but not mandatory. That year also some pranksters made the clock on the classroom building look like a mickey mouse watch. Some frats may have required the rat caps after 64. Only see them now in the band. In 1963 the delts stole the whistle. 1964 was the last year for mandatory ROTC. I hated that rat cap.

The legendary "Magnificent Seven" according to my brother in law who was a freshman about 1966. Before my time.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

That's nothing TIC. I went to a Florida basketball game when Bruce Pearl was the coach at Tennessee and I could hear him yelling at his players when it would get relatively quiet and then the "Rowdy Reptiles" would erupt in derision.

Animal02

Banned
That's nothing TIC. I went to a Florida basketball game when Bruce Pearl was the coach at Tennessee and I could hear him yelling at his players when it would get relatively quiet and then the "Rowdy Reptiles" would erupt in derision.
In the early days of UCF being D1, my brother wanted to buy season tickets for BB at the first home game. He was directed to the HC who took time away from pre game warm ups to retrieve a cash box he keep under his chair on the sidelines to sell him the tickets.

flak

Georgia Tech Fan
1984 Tech vs ClemsonTech led 21 -0 at the half.Clemson came back and tied it up 21 all in the 2nd half.Kenny Easly scored a td late in the 4th to secure the win for the Jackets and the place lit up.I was also there for the Alabama game in 62 but hardly remember that game at age 6.

Jmonty71

Banned
I guess you are talking about the white out game when Laskey scored that last touchdown and jumped into the student section in the end zone. It was loud that night for sure. As I recall, they were ranked and favored but the triple option was clicking on all cylinders especially the dive.
That's it!! Best game and crowd for me

Captn_65

GT Athlete
There’s only 3 people left on here that remember 1962. You might as well be comparing the game to watching the lions at the Roman Coliseum.
Make that four people. I was on the side line that day. That was my red shirt year but, being from Alabama, Coach Dodd let me dress for the game. Supersize is correct. To this day, the intensity was unlike any thing I have ever seen or heard on a football field. That day football was a blood sport. And the west stands was blood thirsty. Other games may have been loud but I have never been to or played in one as intense.