What's the loudest you've ever heard Bobby Dodd Stadium?

Sidewalking

Banned
I was thinking of a former VT coworker, and after reminiscing realized yesterday was the 10th anniversary of 'All the way turnt up'

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=292900059

The uga loss that year......ugh. Probably the only time I can think of that I'm confident Tech had the more talented team and managed to lose. Add that to a sham NCAA investigation and we were robbed of a magical season to be sure. Still a darned good year but man what coulda been.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Another vote for 89 vs UGA. We were underdogs and had lost a few in a row to them. We were not really expecting a win, but hoping. We were also more pissed than usual because Tech and Georgia had the same records but the Peach Bowl had already invited Georgia leaving us with no bowl to go to. Took over in the game in the second half. They couldn't stop Jerry Mays. The big tackle who intercepted the pass and took off was as much funny looking as exciting. He was real short and thick and I think the UGA defender who was trying to tackle him had him by the pants. Was his name Battle, or did Ciraldo nickname him The Battleship? Can't quite bring it in.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Another vote for 89 vs UGA. We were underdogs and had lost a few in a row to them. We were not really expecting a win, but hoping. We were also more pissed than usual because Tech and Georgia had the same records but the Peach Bowl had already invited Georgia leaving us with no bowl to go to. Took over in the game in the second half. They couldn't stop Jerry Mays. The big tackle who intercepted the pass and took off was as much funny looking as exciting. He was real short and thick and I think the UGA defender who was trying to tackle him had him by the pants. Was his name Battle, or did Ciraldo nickname him The Battleship? Can't quite bring it in.
That big tackle with the interception was Kevin Battle:cool:

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
The uga loss that year......ugh. Probably the only time I can think of that I'm confident Tech had the more talented team and managed to lose. Add that to a sham NCAA investigation and we were robbed of a magical season to be sure. Still a darned good year but man what coulda been.

Pretty sure I recall us winning the Conference Title that year...I have fond memories of the then-wife kicking me out of bed because I wasn't letting her sleep during the game. Enjoyed that win on the couch with the dog and I didn't even care!!!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

I saw it on the radio. I remember Ciraldo kept calling them the "Bullpups, er, Bulldogs" as it became more evident Tech was going to win.

Then, to add insult to injury, Ugag lost to Syracuse by one point in the Peach Bowl. Good times...

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll show my age, but the most outrageous game was in 1978. I was sitting in flash cards, Notre Dame was our second biggest rivalry. We threw goldfish before the game and empty liquor bottles in the second half. I will never forget the sound of bottles going end over end from the East Upper deck, towards the Notre Dame sidelines. Not a proud memory, but one that will never be duplicated.

As an aside. Do folks know how loud it gets when people in the East Upper deck stomp their feet? I wish we could get folks stomping. Even us old folks can make some noise without having to yell. Not going to get into statics and dynamics, but there is a lot of dBs from some good old foot stomping.