What's the loudest you've ever heard Bobby Dodd Stadium?

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
1985 Gary Lee kick off return vs UGA, from the stands..... 1976 when Sims went about 25 yds for TD into North end zone to finish off Notre Dame upset, from the field......

agree on both, good call. The FSU game also nuts, especially being on field afterwards!

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Some of these games are hard to forget, not only because of the win, but because of the atmosphere. I'll offer an initial top 3. Watching these highlights gave me chills all over again.
  • 2009 vs. Virginia Tech - "All the way turnt up!". My 2 cents... this was the loudest game from end the end that I can remember.

• 2016 vs. Florida State - "Kick 6". One of the loudest, most exhilarating single moments during my tenure as a GT fan.

• 2006 vs. Maryland - Michael Johnson saves sacks the day. Sweet relief, kind of like Cooper Taylor's forced fumble vs. FSU which is an honorable mention for me. This one was nuts for a few game-saving downs.

What else you got?

The night Gary Lee returned a Ugag kickoff back 90 yards for a TD in heavy fog at Grant Field

KCJackets

Jolly Good Fellow
When I think of all of the games that were loud, UVA, Maryland, Uga, etc., the last play of this game has to go down as the loudest play ever in Bobby Dodd Stadium history, maybe in the state of Georgia. There were fans actually crying for joy after we scored with no time left.

One of those plays that just gives you chills every time you watch it! I was living in Tampa at the time and watched the game at an FSU alumni game watching party with a bunch of my FSU friends. I may or may not have lost some friends that night.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The loudest would be during 51-48 ot win against uga. Crowd was going nuts both ways - uga blocks 3rd down fg attempt creating roar for uga but Goose recovers blocked kick and referees pretty quickly decided and rightfully so that 4th down (most in the stands had no idea what the rule was) - one play later and game over. A lot happened pretty quick. Today - the refs would have discussed the call for 20 minutes but not then - put the ball down and 4th down. It was I believe louder than FSU. The "rule" was then that if recoverd by kicking team behind the line of scrimmage - beyond it and defense gets ball , then still their ball. But how many times kick on 3rd down?

GT18YJ

Georgia Tech Fan
Just a few notes about the stadium. The upper west was not added until about '67 or '68 and brought the number of seats to between 58,000 and 59,000, the largest number of seats it ever had. The largest crowd was between 60,000 and 61,000 (probably 80 to 85% Tech fans) for the ugag game in '73 (my sophomore year) and it was a loud defensive struggle which we lost.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The loudest would be during 51-48 ot win against uga. Crowd was going nuts both ways - uga blocks 3rd down fg attempt creating roar for uga but Goose recovers blocked kick and referees pretty quickly decided and rightfully so that 4th down (most in the stands had no idea what the rule was) - one play later and game over. A lot happened pretty quick. Today - the refs would have discussed the call for 20 minutes but not then - put the ball down and 4th down. It was I believe louder than FSU. The "rule" was then that if recoverd by kicking team behind the line of scrimmage - beyond it and defense gets ball , then still their ball. But how many times kick on 3rd down?
Very loud. I was there, too. But the game was at the cesspool.