What teams would you like to see on future Georgia Tech football schedules?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We'll see ND anyway every couple of years.

Auburn and TENN for sure. My brother is a Gator, so it would be great to serve him some humble pie. After those teams, I would say Stanford as well. Alabama will never schedule us so long as they perceive us as a threat. I agree that MICH presents an interesting foe.

We'll see ND anyway every couple of years.

Auburn and TENN for sure. My brother is a Gator, so it would be great to serve him some humble pie. After those teams, I would say Stanford as well. Alabama will never schedule us so long as they perceive us as a threat. I agree that MICH presents an interesting foe.
I think we only see ND once every 4 years, maybe 6.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I have always enjoyed playing Tulane. Enjoy the visits to NOLA and we usually can handle them easily enough.

After that, I'd rather see true intersectional games....teams from the PAC-12 or Big Ten.

The SEC teams have started to bore me with their delusional fan bases.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I have always enjoyed playing Tulane. Enjoy the visits to NOLA and we usually can handle them easily enough.

After that, I'd rather see true intersectional games....teams from the PAC-12 or Big Ten.

The SEC teams have started to bore me with their delusional fan bases.
Hawaii would be an interesting home and home series.;):cool:

MtownJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
What teams would y'all like to see Georgia Tech play in the future? Here are 10 teams I would like to see GT play in the future.

1)Auburn(GT-Auburn has a very long history)
2)LSU(I'd love GT to play LSU in a home and home series) No. They have the worst fans on planet earth. Maybe tied with WVU.
3)Alabama
4)Air Force
5)Army
6)Nebraska
7)Penn State(a home and home series would be cool)
8)Texas A&M
9)TCU
10)UCLA(I'd love a home and home series with the Bruins a trip to LA would be nice)

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
For some reason I thought Alabama was back on the future schedule, but it appears it's off for good. It's a shame. GT-'Bama would be a great home and home given proximity.
The problem with that scenario is that when Alabama plays a non-conference P5 team, "home and home" means that you play Alabama one year at their home, and then one year at a neutral site. Didn't our last attempt at setting up such a "home and home" fall through when they insisted that our home game be at the Georgia Dome, where they could pack in their fan base and get a de facto home field advantage in Atlanta?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The problem with that scenario is that when Alabama plays a non-conference P5 team, "home and home" means that you play Alabama one year at their home, and then one year at a neutral site. Didn't our last attempt at setting up such a "home and home" fall through when they insisted that our home game be at the Georgia Dome, where they could pack in their fan base and get a de facto home field advantage in Atlanta?

Um, who said any school has to agree to that. If that's how 'Bama wants it, then Bama can pound sand. 'Bama won't be "Bama" forever. They will return to earth one day and all the slights they gave people will be returned.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
WSU for a home-and-home would be fun. Washington is gorgeous, and it would be fun to see the CPJ's flexbone against Mike Leach's air raid.

I'd much rather us play UW in Seattle than WSU in Pullman. In general, I'd rather we play other teams from big cities (or very close) than small college towns. It makes the trip much easier and more fun, plus it's a shared connection (competing for entertainment dollars with everything a big city offers).

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
That said, we also don't appear to have any P5 openings until after 2026 (besides 2018). People should be thinking about G5 teams to fill holes in other years :)

(Stanford also has a hole in 2018, by the way *hint hint*)

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
(Stanford also has a hole in 2018, by the way *hint hint*)[/QUOTE]
That said, we also don't appear to have any P5 openings until after 2026 (besides 2018). People should be thinking about G5 teams to fill holes in other years :)

(Stanford also has a hole in 2018, by the way *hint hint*)
It would be interesting to do a home and home with Georgia State playing one of the games in Turner Field.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck

Bammer, like UGAg, would be 30-40% (or more) at Grant Field. If they wanted the game in the Dome it was probably because they could bring enough to sell out Grant Field without GT having a single fan in attendance. I agree, Bammer would pack out the Dome against GT. I hope that GT fans do their part against UT this fall.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Um, who said any school has to agree to that. If that's how 'Bama wants it, then Bama can pound sand. 'Bama won't be "Bama" forever. They will return to earth one day and all the slights they gave people will be returned.
Well, Bammer has been "Bama" more consistently than any other school in history, so there's that. Mississippi schools still view GT poorly because of Dodd not wanting their small fan bases in Atlanta.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well, Bammer has been "Bama" more consistently than any other school in history, so there's that. Mississippi schools still view GT poorly because of Dodd not wanting their small fan bases in Atlanta.

You may want to check out 'Bama after Stallings and before Saban. No doubt Saban has been impressive in the modern era, but Saban is closer to the end than the beginning. I don't think 'Bama will "Bama" after he leaves. History has shown schools are more often going to go through a "drought" after a historical coach retires or moves on.