What music are you listening to?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes I get a song in my head on a bike ride and I try to remember all the lyrics. Why did this song get stuck this morning? Maybe it was the new bag of dark roasted beans from Nicaragua.

Just finished watching/ listening to a live streaming event of Dylan. It was filmed in a small venue in France. It was nicely done.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
One last video.

I like this for several reasons. It is rare when a cover is arranged with completely different instrumentation yet achieves the same result as the original. And, I love the banjo lede. Who woulda thunk it on a Jefferson Airplane cover. And the song answers a great trivia question.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
One last video.

I like this for several reasons. It is rare when a cover is arranged with completely different instrumentation yet achieves the same result as the original. And, I love the banjo lede. Who woulda thunk it on a Jefferson Airplane cover. And the song answers a great trivia question.

Thank you for introducing me to this. Very cool.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
So far in Rocksmith 2014 and Rocksmith+, I have listened to and played:

The Tropper -- Iron Maiden
Paint, it Black -- Rolling Stones
Satch Boogie -- Joe Satriani
Blitzekrieg Bop -- Ramones
Say it Ain't So -- Wheezer
Pour Some Sugar on Me -- Def Leppard
X-Kid -- Green Day
You Really Got Me -- The Kinks
Drops of Jupiter - Train
Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo -- Rick Derringer
Barracuda -- Heart
Shining Star -- The Manhattans
Superman -- Goldfinger
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm -- Crash Test Dummies
Summer of '69 -- Bowling for Soup (remake)
September -- Daughtry

Not 100% playing on any of them, but I did listen because I have to listen to them to play.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Still can’t seem to link things with my cell phone. I really like “Airline to Heaven” by Billy Bragg and Wilco.
I may be the only person you know who has seen this song performed by Willco and River Whyless. Great song by a great band.

Bragg made a big deal about the song being a Woody Guthrie song, but the music is all Billy Bragg.