What music are you listening to?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I've been on a covers kick recently. I found a Chris Cornell cover of Dolly Parton's now timeless "I will always love you" and it sent me down the Chris Cornell covers rabbit hole. IMO, he's got a timeless rock voice and with a lot of range. Maybe the best voice of the 90's grunge rock front men. Really sad he took his own life...another example of no matter how talented, attractive, and rich you may be, there are demons you can't out run.

I also really like his cover of "Billie Jean", the big Michael Jackson hit song.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I also really like his cover of "Billie Jean", the big Michael Jackson hit song.

That's a good one...he has so many good covers. He was so talented and not just as a singer. Super talented musician overall. Here's a cover of Metallica's "One" but to the tune of U2's "One". Absolutely brilliant and beautiful and haunting:

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
I was a jazz and “pop” fan. Not much country music .Been listening in the early evening lately to Sinatra and 40/50s. strange , but both. Y wife and I enjoy it. I’ll turn 71 this year. Not certain if that has anything to do with the recent urge.

slugboy

Staff member
Been listening to a summertime playlist, and this gem came up

I’m glad to see Lorde back; it’s a Krispy Kreme doughnut of a song 🎶 though

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
With all the references to R&B, blues and soul, can I get a shoutout for Leon Bridges.

My mixes are by genre and depend on my mood or activity. They are basically, classical, rock, blues, R&B, country (not Nashville pop) jazz and almost anything from 1966-1973.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I'm going to Bonnaroo in September. Its during opening weekend of college football (I know, it's a mortal sin to miss opening weekend) but there are very few things I love more than football. My family. And live music. My last show was Tool in January 2020 right before covid got nuts. And Incubus the month before that.

But don't worry. I'll be checking highlights after I get my *** kicked by Foo Fighters Saturday night 😂😂

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I have just started listening to a large variety of music playing Rocksmith in an attempt to get my guitar skills back where they were when I was in high school and college. I have a long way to go.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Sometimes I get a song in my head on a bike ride and I try to remember all the lyrics. Why did this song get stuck this morning? Maybe it was the new bag of dark roasted beans from Nicaragua.