Wesley Wells

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
What if Wells pulls kicks right when the moon is waxing gibbous? They have clear in game track records. One week of practice doesn’t mean squat in relation to their overall bodies of work. CGC screwed the pooch. Let’s just hope he is capable of learning from his mistakes rather than digging in to his dogma and repeating them.
So you’re saying Wells would have made that specific kick and sending King out there took 3 points off the board?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
So you’re saying Wells would have made that specific kick and sending King out there took 3 points off the board?

No kick is ever a sure thing. But Wells has proven to be a better kicker. His chances of making it were better than King’s. Period. Unless Wells gets an injury or starts missing kicks he is and should be our guy. I’m amazed this isn’t obvious to everyone.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
No kick is ever a sure thing. But Wells has proven to be a better kicker. His chances of making it were better than King’s. Period. Unless Wells gets an injury or starts missing kicks he is and should be our guy. I’m amazed this isn’t obvious to everyone.

We haven't seen Wells kick in a game in months and we have a first hand account that he didn't look right in warmups. I wouldn't have tried the FG at all, but you are assuming a lot here. If he has been struggling in practice, maybe sending him out for a career long, low percentage try wouldn't have been a smart move.

Wells has 9 collegiate FGs to his credit and the only one beyond 45 barely got through. Ya'll acting like we left Adam Vinatierri on the bench or something.

Last edited:

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
You don’t know his chances of making it were better you just believe it to be true. I don’t know who has the better leg from that distance and neither do you. I’m pretty comfortable that CGC pit the gu6 out there he thought had the best chance of making it. That’s all I kn9w to be true, no matter what I think might be.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We haven't seen Wells kick in a game in months and we have a first hand account that he didn't look right in warmups. I wouldn't have tried the FG at all, but you are assuming a lot here. If he has been struggling in practice, maybe sending him out for a career long, low percentage try wouldn't have been a smart move.

Wells has 9 collegiate FGs to his credit and the only one beyond 45 barely got through. Ya'll acting like we left Adam Vinatierri on the bench or something.

You don’t know his chances of making it were better you just believe it to be true. I don’t know who has the better leg from that distance and neither do you. I’m pretty comfortable that CGC pit the gu6 out there he thought had the best chance of making it. That’s all I kn9w to be true, no matter what I think might be.

Y’all are delusional about King or totally ignorant on his attempts last year. Guess what. His only attempt Saturday just helped solidify his record last year wasn’t merely an injury issue. Y’all act like King is the next Buttkicker. Lol

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Y’all are delusional about King or totally ignorant on his attempts last year. Guess what. His only attempt Saturday just helped solidify his record last year wasn’t merely an injury issue. Y’all act like King is the next Buttkicker. Lol

I said I wouldn't have tried it with either one. I would love to see how many 50 plus yarders we have made in the last decade. Butker's 51 yarder vs the dwags wouldn't have been good from 52 and I dont think either of our kickers is near his level. Either way, you are making far too much of this, as you do with most everything.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I said I wouldn't have tried it with either one. I would love to see how many 50 plus yarders we have made in the last decade. Butker's 51 yarder vs the dwags wouldn't have been good from 52. Either way, you are making far too much of this, as you do with most everything.

Lol. I simply stated a point. You and others want to debate that point endlessly and I’m willing to keep debating it. If you want to concede and move on...that’s understandable.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I said I wouldn't have tried it with either one. I would love to see how many 50 plus yarders we have made in the last decade. Butker's 51 yarder vs the dwags wouldn't have been good from 52 and I dont think either of our kickers is near his level. Either way, you are making far too much of this, as you do with most everything.
Wow that’s really moving the goalposts! Now we’re going to asterisk game winning FGs? Buttkicker’s kick was good. He would have just kicked it a bit harder had he been a little further away.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Lol. I simply stated a point. You and others want to debate that point endlessly and I’m willing to keep debating it. If you want to concede and move on...that’s understandable.

This is the problem with most threads. Too many people see them as a debate to win instead of a conversation in which to take part. You’re not listening to understand. You’re waiting to hear something you can pounce on. And the same goes for the other side of the debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This is the problem with most threads. Too many people see them as a debate to win instead of a conversation in which to take part. You’re not listening to understand. You’re waiting to hear something you can pounce on. And the same goes for the other side of the debate.

Not usually. It typically starts with a statement of opinion. And then that opinion gets quoted and challenged. Then it becomes a debate.

You also seem to be confusing a consensus of opinion as a debate which is an incongruous position. Does “listening to understand” mean that others should listen to my point to understand and agree? Or does it mean I should listen to others to understand and agree with them? Or both?

And are you sure who “pounced” first?

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
The relationship at this point may be better between Pressley and BK. All last season Wells was kicking with Brad Stewart holding, and Pressley was holding for BK. I could be wrong, but kickers are creatures of habit.

Animal02

Banned
Not usually. It typically starts with a statement of opinion. And then that opinion gets quoted and challenged. Then it becomes a debate.

You also seem to be confusing a consensus of opinion as a debate which is an incongruous position. Does “listening to understand” mean that others should listen to my point to understand and agree? Or does it mean I should listen to others to understand and agree with them? Or both?

And are you sure who “pounced” first?
Just another symptom of the "new board" Some cannot tolerate any disagreement with the new regime.

Animal02

Banned
Went to a local H.S game tonight. The kicker, a Jr., pyt every KO 5 yards deep into the endzone, nailed every extra point right down the middle, and in warm ups was splitting the up rights from the 40 with lots of room to spare.. My only thought was why can't we find a kid like that.

Milwaukee

Banned

This should be stickied at the top of Swarm.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Went to a local H.S game tonight. The kicker, a Jr., pyt every KO 5 yards deep into the endzone, nailed every extra point right down the middle, and in warm ups was splitting the up rights from the 40 with lots of room to spare.. My only thought was why can't we find a kid like that.
Athens Academy?