Well we made the front page of TMZ

Techster

Helluva Engineer
LOL. Some of you are such drama queens. If you've played sports, you know guys get into altercations all the time. The only reason this is even being talked about is because TMZ got a hold of it. Is it a good look? No....but it doesn't signal that our program is in some kind of chaos and coaches have lost control. Two guys got into it, and some idiot decided to film it then distribute it.

You know how you can tell it wasn't a serious issue? Because Lance has a brother on the team...you think Lawrence would have stood by and let Step do that had that been a serious issue? Guys on teams are "brothers", but Lance and Law are really brothers. Step immediately knew he went too far as soon as Lance hit the floor. Step was genuinely concerned. If you have serious beef with anyone you're not concerned about their well being after a fight...and that wasn't a fight.

Two guys on a team got into it...one guy probably went harder than he should...both guys put it to rest afterwards. End of story.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
It the two consented to "slap boxing" or whatever yes. The fact that no one came running to break it up etc should be a clue to what was happening.

Wrong again. It was a fight not "slap boxing". It looks like Lance just didn't realize it or whatever. The fact that guys picked up their phones instead of breaking it up should be a concern.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Ain't life in the new millennium grand? Everybody watches the video, I'm betting probably more than once, and we all profess astonishment anybody would post it.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Of course you KNOW all the context of the video right? What happened before and after the short clip. If not, you have no business making any claim.

If there are people who would be somehow influenced (recruits, teammates, profs, family members, parents of recruits, the IRS - I don’t know who the hell the people are) do you think they know the context? Or what happened before or after?

Do they have any interest in being curious about it?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If there are people who would be somehow influenced (recruits, teammates, profs, family members, parents of recruits, the IRS - I don’t know who the hell the people are) do you think they know the context? Or what happened before or after?

Do they have any interest in being curious about it?
To me the whole thing seems curious and not much else. Any parents with a college-age football player has been through all sorts of teenage scuffles, though clearly -- we hope -- not as serious as knocking somebody out -- and not much else will be made of it than that.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
This kind of stuff should have been worked out in the locker room and never shown to the outside world. Y'all are right, the millennial generation has brought the locker room outside.

In my baseball years, conflict sometimes was worked out with a few punches. Afterwards, we would realize how stupid it was and shake hands. I feel like that is what happened here. No need to suspend players over it.

Animal02

Banned
This kind of stuff should have been worked out in the locker room and never shown to the outside world. Y'all are right, the millennial generation has brought the locker room outside.

In my baseball years, conflict sometimes was worked out with a few punches. Afterwards, we would realize how stupid it was and shake hands. I feel like that is what happened here. No need to suspend players over it.
Was in one locker room altercation in H.S. One of our QBs was a bit of an ***. He was pushing people around etc. He crushed by me and I had enough of his BS. He stood there like he wanted to box it out....I went in close, put him in a head lock wedge against the locker....was pounding on his face when the coach came in. After the screaming and berating...we went our separate ways. Coach pulled me aside as I was leaving and said ,"Good job" under his breathe......we did not have any more locker room problems after that. ;)

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Was in one locker room altercation in H.S. One of our QBs was a bit of an ***. He was pushing people around etc. He crushed by me and I had enough of his BS. He stood there like he wanted to box it out....I went in close, put him in a head lock wedge against the locker....was pounding on his face when the coach came in. After the screaming and berating...we went our separate ways. Coach pulled me aside as I was leaving and said ,"Good job" under his breathe......we did not have any more locker room problems after that. ;)
Awesome. There is always someone in the locker room like that. My one and only scuffle in the locker room took place with this piece of work that used to fill his underwear with baby powder(or whatever you use for jock itch) and walk around snapping his drawers near folks so his "sack powder" would get on them. When he did it to me, I was in a bad mood because of a mistake I made at practice(those used to eat at me for days). Needless to say, he stopped doing that activity.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Sounds like you're a real ... animal. Those are the jokes, people. :shifty:

Animal02

Banned
Ha....animal was bestowed on me during my Tech days. People said I looked like Animal from the Lou Grant Show. (n)
On the other hand, my daughter , in her teen years carried around d a picture of me from my days at Tech and one of Napoleon Dynamite.....she would convince people I was him...or his twin. :eek:

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
giphy.webp

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
A few years agoi we had a guy get flagged for roughing up a vt qb who would not go down ( it may have started as trying to hit the ball but it kept going. That q b had run thru so many tackles . Who was the qb?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
A few years agoi we had a guy get flagged for roughing up a vt qb who would not go down ( it may have started as trying to hit the ball but it kept going. That q b had run thru so many tackles . Who was the qb?

Logan Thomas. We couldn’t stop that guy. I remember several plays where he would lumber down the field with half our team on his back. Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Aaaaannnndddd we have a round 2

New video on TMZ Sports shows Lance and Step fighting for the second time on the same day??? Well, I think this backs up my suspicions of some kind of bad mojo going through the locker room. I can write off one incident but two fights and two KOs in the same day make me wonder about the coaching staff. Why weren’t they sent home for the day after the first altercation. Also, there are some bad teammates in that locker room. Nobody breaks up either fight...at least from what was shown in the video. Instead of going in to stop the fights, somebody reaches for his cellphone and starts recording. Probably the same guy who released the video to TMZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk