CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Top headline on ESPN. Really?

upload_2017-11-28_15-30-28.png

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Thats all done algorithmically by numbers of clicks. Just means people are clicking the story.

It's why I refuse to watch the clip. I can't/won't tell anyone else what to do but, I'm not gonna contribute to promoting this story nationally.

Man, is this what it feels like being on that moral high-horse? :D

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I hear you. The problem I have is this is the 2nd time something embarrassing has got out.

Couple that with the strangely disconnected on-field product. Pair that with CPJ's past comments w.r.t. the leadership void (I've avoided the after-season news so far so I don't know if he's reiterated similar concerns this time. I'm sorta expecting him to though.) and ... like I said, this is the only thing that makes me question do we need a new HC.

Not saying I'm fully in that boat, just .. well, just a little concerned.

bruh, if cameras were around in the GOL days...GT would be on TMZ every week. From stripper parties, to buckhead, to whatever. The stories were endless

crut

Helluva Engineer
Something doesn't seem right, it feels as if everyone else in the room was expecting him to get some sort of free hit. Maybe it's some game I'm not hip to. Maybe it's something really cool, that I don't even know about. Odds are they were probably basic white cotton.

It's called slapboxing. Happened before and after gym classes at my high school on a daily basis. If youre not careful you can hurt someone more than you intend to. But again, this is a story because he got KOed, but its pretty clear this wasnt very hostile. He immediately goes to check on him. If he was in a rage he would have left him to be checked on by others.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
Guys, this is going to be a much bigger deal then some of you are think. The coaches probably never saw this video, hopefully. This is an assault with video evidence. The police can press charges without support from Lance. This is extremely embarrassing to our school and program plus its not even the first time. I doubt teammates knocking other teammates unconscious happens often in other programs.

Animal02

Banned
Guys, this is going to be a much bigger deal then some of you are think. The coaches probably never saw this video, hopefully. This is an assault with video evidence. The police can press charges without support from Lance. This is extremely embarrassing to our school and program plus its not even the first time. I doubt teammates knocking other teammates unconscious happens often in other programs.
Of course you KNOW all the context of the video right? What happened before and after the short clip. If not, you have no business making any claim.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
Of course you KNOW all the context of the video right? What happened before and after the short clip. If not, you have no business making any claim.

WTF are you even talking about? LOL, give me the situation before or after that's going to make that video less embarrassing or Lance less knocked out.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
it doesnt seem to hurt alabama much at all. id bet that most of the other top programs dont allow cell phones out in practice OR during games either.

"I think if you're going to be on the sidelines, you should be focusing on the game," Saban said. "That's basically the policy. That's basically what we're trying to do. We have a rule that nobody's allowed to have a cell phone on the sidelines, and we have a rule for when you can have your cell phone out in the locker room. Obviously it's a FOCUS issue. I don't know what else I can say about it."

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/10/nick_saban_talks_scott_cochran.html

Didn't occur at practice or on a sideline. Was in the locker room. I guarantee bama players have their phones in their locker rooms, weight rooms, etc

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

No you are wrong. Law enforcement can't charge Step unless Lance wants to press charges. "Ex-cleared."

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
Not true. Video evidence exist of the assault. Happens all the time is spousal abuse cases where the wife changes her mind about pressing charges. Why would this be different? BTW, I'm not saying they will press charges but just pointing out the leaking of this video could really be a big deal.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
No you are wrong. Law enforcement can't charge Step unless Lance wants to press charges. "Ex-cleared."
It’s been a few years since my last time on Grand Jury, but, yes, I believe law enforcement can file charges. If DA doesn’t fill there is a chance to prosecute, he/she will ask GJ to no bill. There are also differences in family violence/domestic abuse cases which I think the LEO has to file or something.