Week 5 #GTvsPITT Media

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I just threw in a quick $250 to the AD Fund. Nothing major, but just something to show support. This is in addition to other pledges I have going on right now as well.
We disagree alot but, like you, I sent a check in today as well. As a single guy who just bought a house in the spring, I gave less than you but gave what I could. We agree that we both want GT to be successful so lets get more of us on here with differences to do the same. Like a small IPTAY, 100 $100 donations is a good way to start a new regime!

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
We disagree alot but, like you, I sent a check in today as well. As a single guy who just bought a house in the spring, I gave less than you but gave what I could. We agree that we both want GT to be successful so lets get more of us on here with differences to do the same. Like a small IPTAY, 100 $100 donations is a good way to start a new regime!

The GOLD donations thing really needs to be a thing thats more common. Maybe the next AD will implement it. 10 bucks a month for a subscription would actually do a lot if we all did it. We are GT there has to be something we can add that doesn't cost that much that that would give access to. Maybe discounts on merch or something.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Welp, I feel like this is the most united our fanbase has been in a while! Warms my heart. Quick, somebody start a uniform thread!

dcall

Georgia Tech Fan
After listening to what Key had to say I am a little optimistic, even about this season. I think the big question is how do the players respond to the change and will they tune in or check out. If Key and the rest of the staff execute and do hold players accountable, and if he can get them to respond and start fighting again, we might have a relatively decent season. I'm hopeful the team can avoid bitterness and go out and prove themselves and the staff can turn this thing around!

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Got more to add from what I just was texted. Expect practices to be a lot higher intensity and physical under Key. A lot less protecting and babying of the players, a lot more accountability, and a lot less babying and protecting the players who consistently don’t perform and and screw up. Key isn’t going to put up with the same things Collins did. He’s going to play the players who give us the best chance to win and the players will have to be a lot more accountable for their errors.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Got more to add from what I just was texted. Expect practices to be a lot higher intensity and physical under Key. A lot less protecting and babying of the players, a lot more accountability, and a lot less babying and protecting the players who consistently don’t perform and and screw up. Key isn’t going to put up with the same things Collins did. He’s going to play the players who give us the best chance to win and the players will have to be a lot more accountable for their errors.

This is, for all intents and purposes, an active tryout for Key to be the HC. If he hits a homerun and we go bowling, I'm not sure how we say "No" to him unless there's a candidate that's clearly going to take GT to the next level. I think Key wants the job BAD...and he'll do what's necessary for GT to succeed which means he'll succeed.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree, I liked what Key had to say here. Not sure what sort of changes we'll see after just 1 week of a change (and basically down a coach), but I hope we can hold off on making any conclusions until at least the bye week. Also, remember that now, Thacker is the head man for the defense without any input from CGC (I would assume).

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Compared to our last AD, he sounded like George Clooney or Brad Pitt or something..... ;) :LOL:
I agree entirely and think it was time to move on but I can't help to feel terrible for TStan..

He bleeds white and gold as much as any of us and just lost a shot at his dream job. Something he has been working for for decades.. It just stinks. I really wish things worked out better for him and that he didn't tie himself to CGC