Week 5 #GTvsPITT Media

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Guessing I'm one of the few who watches the opposing pressers.

A couple nuggets before all heck breaks loose in this thread at 11am ET:

1) Two familiar names to Tech fans popped up: Dylan Deveney and C'Bo Flemister. The former transferred from GT after last season and has continued to battle injuries. The latter was a one-time GT commit (to CPJ) before decommitting and landing at Notre Dame. Since transferring to Pitt this past offseason, he's had 9 carries for 41 yds.

2) In response to a question that mentioned Collins' "short-ish stay" and how Narduzzi was 5-7 after his third year and got an extension. Narduzzi: (emphasis mine): "....You can win a championship next year and win one game the next year. There's no guarantees in this business. They key is consistency in this room and our players getting the same information, and coaching the heck out of them and loving the heck out of them...."

(Note: Narduzzi went 8-5 each of his first two years)

View attachment 13176
I watch them too. Always glad when you post them, so I don’t have to dig them up.

I have always found Narduzzi’s pressers good.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Had a nice chat with Cabrera earlier this year. I didn’t want to bother him as he was having some free time with his wife. In between innings he guessed correctly that I’d enjoy talking to him and hearing what he had to say so he initiated a conversation. He may prove me wrong, but I like his style and I thought he’d make good decisions after we briefly talked. He took more time getting this done than I’d have liked, but having been in the firing Manager position before it’s not always an easy journey getting to that day when you pull the trigger even on guys that you don’t particularly like.

He loves GT, but how could you not being the President, but it seemed different with him than say Peterson. He’s down to earth. He loves sports and values it, considers it an important part of GT’s fabric. He likes all our sports teams- track & field, swimming and diving, softball, golf, etc not just the big ones. Wants to see all be well supported.

That’s what I know about him.

Cabrera may just be the guy GT needed. Let’s hope so.

I’m no fan of Key, but I like what he said. He won back my support. Let’s hope I’m not wrong again. I’d be ecstatic to change my mind.

Lastly, Wake fundraised a BILLION. GT can easily raise TWO BILLION. Where do you sign up?

Go Jackets!

JacketFan137

Banned
if i’m key i’m saying f*** it let’s have some fun. i would go for almost every 4th down, start going for 2, and tell the team “some of y’all are gonna be leaving, some of this staff is gone too. let’s have some fun, put our best film out there together and don’t play like morons out there”

very interested to see what the vibe is like on the sideline, press conferences and practices moving forward. definitely said the right things

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
if i’m key i’m saying f*** it let’s have some fun. i would go for almost every 4th down, start going for 2, and tell the team “some of y’all are gonna be leaving, some of this staff is gone too. let’s have some fun, put our best film out there together and don’t play like morons out there”

very interested to see what the vibe is like on the sideline, press conferences and practices moving forward. definitely said the right things
It's kinda hard not to say the right things, after what we heard with Collins.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sold Key was the problem with our OL to begin with. That will continue to be the weakest point of the team, IMO, but maybe without other distractions they can get some meaningful progress out of the unit.

One of the tweets said that Key was not spending full time with the OL. That he was getting pulled away to work on DL pass rush or something like that. Could have been some of the problem? That and getting more reps with no more of the ATL stuff and just letting guys actually get a ton of reps together. We'll see.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Lastly, Wake fundraised a BILLION. GT can easily raise TWO BILLION. Where do you sign up?

Go Jackets!
Not sure if your question was rhetorical, but here ya go.

Philanthropy at Work

Whether you support qualified students through need-based scholarships, research that leads to life-saving cancer treatments, or the construction of world-class facilities like the G. Wayne Clough Undergraduate Learning Commons, your gift is making a real difference in the lives of real people.

All gifts made between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2027 will be applied towards the Transforming Tomorrow campaign.

If you do not want to give to one of the specified areas below, select "Giving to a Special Purpose" and write into that form the area you want to support.

Additional info: https://development.gatech.edu/transformingtomorrow

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I'm happy enough by the events of yesterday and today to throw in a quick donation to the A-T Fund. I think the Athletic Director's Initiative Fund is probably the right place right now. Here's the link.

May even start a new topic with it. Would be nice to raise some funds to show our support of the program.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if your question was rhetorical, but here ya go.

Additional info: https://development.gatech.edu/transformingtomorrow
I’ve always done what I could when GT has asked with intent and purpose. I despise the robo calls from President’s Scholarship kids just trolling for money. You tell me what you’re gonna do with my money and tell me how it’s gonna help, that’s a whole different and winning approach with me.

Thanks for the link.

Johnson_buzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Cabrera said this Per Kelly Quinlan Rival Sports "Athletics should be among the best just like academics, it will change the focus and direction and give Georgia Tech a chance to win. He is willing to do whatever he can to make the program among the best in the country where they should be at Georgia tech"

This give me hope for change and it is a powerful message to the fans and players that athletics will be a priority and not just something tech has. If change truly happens I am excited to see where this program and other Georgia Tech sports programs can go in the future. What are yalls thoughts?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
My thoughts?

Mr. Cabrera .....

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

... prove me wrong.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
If I heard correctly, he’s raising $2 billion? With a “B”?? That’s an insane amount of money for us. But it’s what needs to happen imo

Let’s hope for the best. Go jackets baby

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
If I heard correctly, he’s raising $2 billion? With a “B”?? That’s an insane amount of money for us. But it’s what needs to happen imo

Let’s hope for the best. Go jackets baby

That is a capital campaign for the overall institute, not just athletics. Although, athletics could use it or their own follow up campaign to AI2020 (FundAA2024?) for another $300-$400 million to reduce debt and endow more scholarships and salaries.