Week 5 #GTvsPITT Media

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
So key said atl chart is gone, does that mean money down and juice crew are gone also haha
THANKFULLY there has been no Money Down for the home games this year!!!!

I assume that I was not the only one too complain about it the last couple of years during surveys and when replying to some emails and calls from GTAA.

Last edited:

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
THANKFULLY there has been no Money Down for the home games!!!!

I assume that I was not the only one too complain about it the last couple of years.

They were waving the signs and jumping up and down on the sideline but the announcer didn’t say it. Thank God!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I was not a fly on the wall in practice today but I have the feeling from that presser that a good practice with CBK at the helm consists of discipline and focus. With Collins, a good practice consisted of making sure the Spotify playlist had all the right tracks, was the right order, and the volume over the speakers in the indoor practice facility wasn't too soft but also not too loud (presumably because he thought that was how you attracted the top talent in the region to commit).

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Favorite comment last night from CBK about UCF game. We played more physical and played hard , played the full game , but that's all fine and dandy to tell a 6 year old after T-ball when they don't win. But this is a big boy profession and we take that very seriously

Good, non of the effort based play crap.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I heard practices went well this week with the change. It took the players time to understand and get out of the emotional phase but they understood why it happened and are excited. The practices were ran similar to a Saban practices in terms of physicality and hard *** energy. The players responded well to it and are excited to play hard football under Key for the remainder of the season.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I heard practices went well this week with the change. It took the players time to understand and get out of the emotional phase but they understood why it happened and are excited. The practices were ran similar to a Saban practices in terms of physicality and hard *** energy. The players responded well to it and are excited to play hard football under Key for the remainder of the season.
We can all hope. I have a stong suspicion that how we do Saturday is going to reflect how we do the rest of the year. If we come out with energy, play well, and get a win, the rest of the schedule looks promising. If we come out and get punched in the mouth and fail to respond, the rest of the season will be for crap.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

It's the George O'Leary and Nick Saban influence...oh, and Key was also an OL.

I'm really excited to see how our young men respond this weekend. I don't know if we'll win, but I expect it's going to be harder on Pitt than they anticipate.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I just hope the players can see progress on Saturday, know it when they see it, and remember how they got there. If so, then each game we’ll get better and the wins will start to come.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So I guess Gibbs was blowing smoke about how things were the same at Tech as they are at Alabama?

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
So I guess Gibbs was blowing smoke about how things were the same at Tech as they are at Alabama?
Gibbs is just a good person and was not going to throw Tech under the bus or get baited by the reporters asking the question. I hate that he left Tech but I am rooting for him cause he seems to be a genuinely good person and a talented player.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs is just a good person and was not going to throw Tech under the bus or get baited by the reporters asking the question. I hate that he left Tech but I am rooting for him cause he seems to be a genuinely good person and a talented player.

This, he still has a lot of friends on the team and he didn't want the program being trashed. He left because of poor coaching. He saw through the BS and got out. And when he did he kept all the negative comments to himself.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
This, he still has a lot of friends on the team and he didn't want the program being trashed. He left because of poor coaching. He saw through the BS and got out. And when he did he kept all the negative comments to himself.
My understanding is that he and his family thought their financial well being was being negatively influenced by being at Tech and they wanted to get him into a program where he can maximize his financial gain both through NIL and in the draft.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
My understanding is that he and his family thought their financial well being was being negatively influenced by being at Tech and they wanted to get him into a program where he can maximize his financial gain both through NIL and in the draft.
This is what I think. And I dont hate him for it. He has to look out for himself. Glad he had restraint and didnt bash Tech publicly. Respect for this young man. I root for him every Saturday.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if anyone has taken a look at the weather forecast for Saturday, but the remnants of Ian are going to bring lots of rain to Pittsburgh tomorrow.
Could be a real equalizer, with turnovers being even a greater determinant than they usually are. I'm excited to see how we do !

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I don't think the rain will help our cause against a physically coached team
That's what's great about hope/optimism !! I am definitely not an Eyeore
Day Today GIF