Week 5 #GTvsPITT Media

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
We are going to like what Cabrera and Neville had to say. Now let’s see if they can back it up. Finally understanding that they can be excellent in sports as well as academics. If what they are saying is true. Could be a great day for Georgia Tech today.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Wait...what? $2 Billion?! Interesting

It was announced a few months ago. Not dedicated to athletics.

Philanthropy also will support faculty chairs and professorships, research facilities, intercollegiate athletics, campus enhancements, new global partnerships, and local programs that focus on science education in Atlanta high schools and in school districts around the state.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
These are all good signs. I don't expect a winning record but I expect to see more professional, diciplined play under Key.
The one thing that I like about Key is that he is an intense dude. Collins was intense in an ADD/schizophrenic way which reflected itself in the inconsistency we saw on Saturdays. Key is more of an old-school guy. Maybe that is the shot in the arm that this team needs.

Also, promoting Chaney to OL coach would make sense. Perhaps he can get better results than Key

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

Good. It sounds like they are all saying the right things. Sounds like we might be getting back to real football. Just heard on XM radio talk about Georgia Tech and how Collins was all about branding but not building. Said that you need to build a brand and then promote the brand. Really excited to see how we look over these last eight weeks.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
The one thing that I like about Key is that he is an intense dude. Collins was intense in an ADD/schizophrenic way which reflected itself in the inconsistency we saw on Saturdays. Key is more of an old-school guy. Maybe that is the shot in the arm that this team needs.

Also, promoting Chaney to OL coach would make sense. Perhaps he can get better results than Key

I'm not sold Key was the problem with our OL to begin with. That will continue to be the weakest point of the team, IMO, but maybe without other distractions they can get some meaningful progress out of the unit.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Maybe thats changing.

Unless it's words to appease the fans, from what Cabrera said, it sounds like the Institute will start making the athletic department a higher priority for the Institute overall. Very encouraging words...and I think the fact that he got rid of BOTH TStan and Collins in one swoop is a symbolic turning of the page. Music to this GT fan's ears.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Good. It sounds like they are all saying the right things. Sounds like we might be getting back to real football. Just heard on XM radio talk about Georgia Tech and how Collins was all about branding but not building. Said that you need to build a brand and then promote the brand. Really excited to see how we look over these last eight weeks.

Good way to put it. Seems like we were just mavericking and slapping a GT brand on anything that mooed vs taking the time to build the herd first.