We Beat NCState

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Have they pretty much said "sorry AD, you'll be the guy next year, but Ben has to be the center for the rest of this year"? He had been playing some pretty good ball but only two minutes again tonight.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Have they pretty much said "sorry AD, you'll be the guy next year, but Ben has to be the center for the rest of this year"? He had been playing some pretty good ball but only two minutes again tonight.

They tried hard to make playing both of them work but in the end Lammers at the 5 - at least a healthy Lammers at the 5 - is the way to go. Playing the young uns at the 3 and 4 spots has been interesting and as expected up and down.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
AD demands the ball/thinks hes Hakeem in the post...its funny in a way but rlly pisses me off at same time haha

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

I think it has more to do with committing to getting Cole and Wright experience. I also think it has to do with the fact that right now we have no PG. AD was effective when we could get him the ball in the post, but with the guards we currently have we have poor ball movement, and likely would end up missing the window to get him the ball there, and find him on the perimeter with the ball too often. With no true PG we really have to go through Ben and while you can do a high post low post game, it relies more on position by the low post player where Gueye's strength is more his moves when he has the ball rather than great positioning (in contrast to Tad who gets great position better than any guard I've ever seen when posting up).

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Also big shout out to TV Teddy. I was watching on a laptop while watching other shows but it looked like he gave us some favorable calls. It doesn't make up for the 30+ games he's cost us in his career but he certainly helped. The team played great too. Obviously the first set of comments is TIC... Kind of

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The Okogie lob at the end all you could do was laugh...i fully expected NC state to hit one of those 3's to tie it up. Good to see Tadric get some post touches. He should of been at point since he stepped foot on campus. Good game for Slammy and wade

Point Guard? Tadric Jackson?

Stop it

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The Okogie lob at the end all you could do was laugh...i fully expected NC state to hit one of those 3's to tie it up. Good to see Tadric get some post touches. He should of been at point since he stepped foot on campus. Good game for Slammy and wade

Just finished this up.
It gets down to the end and I’m thinking “what lob are they talking abooooooOOOOUUUUUUT OMG”

If I would have been watching live I probably would have had a coronary episode

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Almost as frustrating was the fact that we had 2 fouls to give, and half the Tech fans in the place screaming to foul. We were scrambling bad on that last possession - not sure I could have taken it if they’d knocked down one of those last couple triples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Nobody's mentioned it, but Jax played D.

No scattered 10 min of taking off on D.

Also, JoshO can't win. He has Moses looking for it high and puts it low then goes too high to Cole.

Deleted member 2897

Beat Wake and we finish 6-12 and get COJ back to 0.500 in his tenure. Then 20 wins next year.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Great to see the guys still fighting.
The biggest coaching move of the game was replacing Moses with Alston at the 12 min TV TO in the second half. If GT had continued to play Moses and Evan together they would have lost. They needed three guards in given how NCST plays defense.
Moses played very hard, but very poorly (1-9 FG, 4 TO). He has to stop shooting so much. When you are 2-27 from three please take a hint and stop taking them. if I was the coach i would pull him the first time he takes a three make or miss. His shot never looks like it is going in when it leaves his hand. It's sort of a funny side shot.

This may have been the best all around game TJ has played in his career at GT. Played under control, took care of the ball against pressure, even played defense.
Lammers played the beest i've seen him since UCLA and he had to play against a legit big.

NCST should have been throwing the ball into Yurtseven every time on offense.

I was amazed GT was down only 7 at the half given the poor FT shooting and all the TO (11 officially but it felt like more). NCST should have been up 12-15 pts.
GT took care of the ball in the second half and got consistently good looks in the halfcourt. NCST's half court defense is not very good.
It also hurt NCST for Johnson to get hurt and not play as much. GT had a hard time staying in front of him on defense and he was consistently able to penetrate deep into the defense.

Tough turnaround for GT now (so i'm really glad we won). Great scheduling with GT getting an 8 pm game Thur and a noon Sat (barely 36 hours) while Wake has had the whole week off.