We Beat NCState

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, I do hope Ivy is more correct than me on Moses as it would mean he likely improves faster as a shooter if his rationale for his shooting numbers are correct.
My rationale means a major change to his shooting stroke.

i do like the kid's long range potential and love his athleticism. i also wished we had redshirted at least one of them, i think that is a mistake the staff is making. Big men tend to be alot better later in their college careers than earlier. I remember talking to Hewitt and he always lamented he wasn't able to redshirt Luke.

One last note, I hope Syl gets healthy enough that he can contribute next season. I like watching him in warm ups, he has the best mid range jumper of any of the bigs on the roster - he almost never misses it in warmups.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I don't care what anybody says, I love watching Tad play, especially in this game.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I am at a loss on how poorly he shoots because his form looks so good usually--esp on FTs.
Last night was EXACTLY what I envisioned with those big 3 scoring this yr.Tad should average 15 for sure every game--his not doing that was the biggest reason to me for the poor yr.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
I am at a loss on how poorly he shoots because his form looks so good usually--esp on FTs.
Last night was EXACTLY what I envisioned with those big 3 scoring this yr.Tad should average 15 for sure every game--his not doing that was the biggest reason to me for the poor yr.
I think it was Ben struggling basically all year. My one other complaint I have is when we had Alvarado, dont get me wrong he was having good freshman season and I have high hopes for him, but he had the ball in his hands wayy to much. Im not positive but i feel like he had ball more than anyone on the team...he should of been fourth option behind the big 3! And your best players should have ball majority of time. Dont think its coincidence Tadric started playing better once Jose wasnt playing.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it was Ben struggling basically all year. My one other complaint I have is when we had Alvarado, dont get me wrong he was having good freshman season and I have high hopes for him, but he had the ball in his hands wayy to much. Im not positive but i feel like he had ball more than anyone on the team...he should of been fourth option behind the big 3! And your best players should have ball majority of time. Dont think its coincidence Tadric started playing better once Jose wasnt playing.
Yea, I agree, I think we ran too many plays through him at times.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Good point

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Good point

One announcer told in the replay that Tad could possily be the best player in the acc when he drives to the basket the way he uses his body as a shield and that it was probably due to practicing against Ben for 4 years. Maybe an exageration but quite a compliment.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

While I agree (and have said) JA was prone to giving the ball a headache, I don’t necessarily think your best player needs to have the ball in his hands all the time. They need to get the ball in a position to succeed in my opinion. I think Jax is most effective when he gets the ball on the block, one dribble, move to the rim. Okogie is most effective while taking a handoff and getting downhill. I must admit though, Okogies midrange game is on ****ing point lately, he seriously looks like Rip Hamilton out there.

I guess my point here is that every star player is different and doesn’t necessarily have to have the ball in their hands to succeed. Sometimes they rely on others to get them the ball after they work themselves into that position.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
One announcer told in the replay that Tad could possily be the best player in the acc when he drives to the basket the way he uses his body as a shield and that it was probably due to practicing against Ben for 4 years. Maybe an exageration but quite a compliment.

I like that comment too, but it was actually “best guard in the ACC”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Seriously, he should’ve fouled out on offensive fouls in the first half. He was giving Ben forearms to the chest every time he got the ball and was posting up. Did a good job of disguising it, but still a push off every time. Ben played great the last 10 minutes, scoring, rebounding and going to the hoop.

Seriously? Yurtseven pushed & leaned on him all game. Its basketball, there's gonna be some contact. Did these whiners actually play uva this year?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Jose had the ball a lot because he was calling the plays and reading the defense, notice we went away from making Lammers the Pivot man, until JA went down. He's basically a Jeff Teague kind of PG. I expect we will run the offense thru him again next year and I'm ok with it.