We are going to smoke South Florida

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I disagree...I’ve played football my whole life...NO WAY you can tell off of 3 snaps...first time out and against the national champions...LOL!!
I have played a lot of football. My dad was a high school coach as well. I also played QB my senior year. There are definitely ways you can tell when a QB does not feel comfortable. Maybe not other positions as much, but QB is one you can tell. Even one of our ex GT players has said he didn’t look as comfortable, and that JG looked the most poised.

Last edited:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I have played a lot of football. My dad was a high school coach as well. I also played QB my senior year. There are definitely ways you can tell when a QB does not feel comfortable. Maybe not other positions as much, but QB is one you can tell. Even one of our ex GT players has said he didn’t look as comfortable, and that JG looked the most poised.
JG played vs scrubs, LJ and TO vs 1’s.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope we settle on a quarterback soon, but I want to see something from our linebackers. They really need to pick up their game.

Huge problem going on here. They aren’t filling gaps correctly and getting caught up in the traffic. Their initial movements put them out of place. Looks like a recognition issue which causes them to commit to one gap which isn’t the run gap

Beerbrewingjacket

Georgia Tech Fan

Additionally, had you listened to the coaches show tonight (you didn’t) you’d have heard coach say that in addition to the dime JG threw to AB, on the previous 23 yard pass to Blancato, JG made a presnap check to change the play to set it up and Cottrell made a perfect block on a blitzing LB’er that gave JG the time to drop the dime to Blancato. Which JG checked into. So not only did he display the most accuracy passing, he showed the ability to operate the offense.

But please, keep going on your argument based on sour grapes and nothing more....

GTFootball2018

Georgia Tech Fan
Ok...we can agree to disagree. Time will tell...

Deleted member 2897

This is actually false. There were indeed some 1s, and I encourage you to look up their jersey numbers and the subsequent ratings. You might be surprised.

I just went and looked at the film to make sure I was correct before posting this, but I would encourage you to look too. On the field when James Graham played were Justin Maascoll, Xavier Kelley, Isaiah Simmons, Jake Venables, Denzel Johnson, Tyler Davis, Sheridan Jones, Ruke Orhorhoro, Justin Foster, and Chad Smith. That group has 6 4-stars, and 3 high-3-stars (5.7 on Rivals), and multiple top Rivals 300, including guys as high as top 50 nationally. The defense he faced is rated higher than our own starters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jmonty71

Banned
i can’t make the game.. but y’all better be loud and proud. We are going to beat the **** out of South Florida.

South Florida is not even in South Florida.
I disagree. I think our offense is about as inept as it comes. I don't see a high scoring game, at all. Luckily USF isn't the same it was the last few years. We win... But, 20-14 type score.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
This is actually false. There were indeed some 1s, and I encourage you to look up their jersey numbers and the subsequent ratings. You might be surprised.

I just went and looked at the film to make sure I was correct before posting this, but I would encourage you to look too. On the field when James Graham played were Justin Maascoll, Xavier Kelley, Isaiah Simmons, Jake Venables, Denzel Johnson, Tyler Davis, Sheridan Jones, Ruke Orhorhoro, Justin Foster, and Chad Smith. That group has 6 4-stars, and 3 high-3-stars (5.7 on Rivals), and multiple top Rivals 300, including guys as high as top 50 nationally. The defense he faced is rated higher than our own starters.
And better than most we will play this year probably.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I disagree. I think our offense is about as inept as it comes. I don't see a high scoring game, at all. Luckily USF isn't the same it was the last few years. We win... But, 20-14 type score.
You think we will only score 6 more than we did on Clemson? We could say the same thing about Bamas offense last year if we just looked at the Clemson game. We will get a better idea after this week imo, and even a better idea when we play some average defenses.