We are going to smoke South Florida

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
USF is in a tailspin. They look even worse than they did last year. Tech inexplicably gave that game away to them last year. We should have beaten them by two TDs last year and should win by 2 this year.

To those having a tizzy over the QB spot. Chill. We have 3 we can succeed with. 2 appear to have separated from #3. Yates will redshirt.

The coaches may not list who is starting but you can bet they know who will start. TO was the starter in game 1. Will probably be the same in game 2. And will likely be the starter in game 3 unless JG makes a strong case with more solid play.

Just because fans don’t know the shakedown at a position don’t think the coaches don’t. If they can’t determine who should be starting they are being overpaid and should seek a new career.

Deleted member 2897

USF is in a tailspin. They look even worse than they did last year. Tech inexplicably gave that game away to them last year. We should have beaten them by two TDs last year and should win by 2 this year.

To those having a tizzy over the QB spot. Chill. We have 3 we can succeed with. 2 appear to have separated from #3. Yates will redshirt.

The coaches may not list who is starting but you can bet they know who will start. TO was the starter in game 1. Will probably be the same in game 2. And will likely be the starter in game 3 unless JG makes a strong case with more solid play.

Just because fans don’t know the shakedown at a position don’t think the coaches don’t. If they can’t determine who should be starting they are being overpaid and should seek a new career.

I completely agree with all your triple negatives.

I was shocked when TO came out as the starter, but that's from my own ignorance. I had assumed we would be throwing so much that another QBs throwing ability would trump all else. But TO continues to prove that he has great speed and shiftiness and toughness and calm. If he can just make some of the basic throws we call, we can win a lot of games with him. I think too if (God forbid) any 2 of our QBs got injured that we could make a bowl game with whoever the third is.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Any of yall need a ticket? I got an extra ticket (upper north) for this weekends game. I don't want it to go to waste. DM me

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Do you think the O will look more like the spring game (new pro-style) or like the Clemson game (same ol' same 'ol)?

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Looking forward to this game, I think we win comfortably and the reason will be defense.
On offense, I'm still not sure what to expect from this coaching staff, especially in these early games, but from what I've read, I wouldn't be surprised if the play calling stayed conservative ...

Deleted member 2897

Looking forward to this game, I think we win comfortably and the reason will be defense.
On offense, I'm still not sure what to expect from this coaching staff, especially in these early games, but from what I've read, I wouldn't be surprised if the play calling stayed conservative ...

Some people soured on CPJ and throwing the last year or two as we only threw for 900-1000 yards, but that was dictated by personnel. We had 6 years where we threw for 1700+ yards before TaQuon Marshall was the starter and had close to 2000 pass yards a couple times. I am sure we'll throw more if and when we can. But if we struggle with that and if folks can't stop our running game, then it is what it is.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Some people soured on CPJ and throwing the last year or two as we only threw for 900-1000 yards, but that was dictated by personnel. We had 6 years where we threw for 1700+ yards before TaQuon Marshall was the starter and had close to 2000 pass yards a couple times. I am sure we'll throw more if and when we can. But if we struggle with that and if folks can't stop our running game, then it is what it is.
But it flies against the narrative that's been crammed down our throats all offseason. Be honest, when you saw TO take the field on our first possession, you weren't going wtf? And then when he stayed out there all half except for the final minute.... and then when he came out in the second half.......

GT99

Georgia Tech Fan
Ok...we can agree to disagree. Time will tell...

Pretty sure you guys are just talking past each other here. You can both be right. Yes, you can tell LJ had some jitters out there. No, that doesn't mean you can write him off or that he will always have jitters or that he shouldn't be in contention to start. Having jitters in 1 series against the best team in the country doesn't mean a whole lot.

Deleted member 2897

But it flies against the narrative that's been crammed down our throats all offseason. Be honest, when you saw TO take the field on our first possession, you weren't going wtf? And then when he stayed out there all half except for the final minute.... and then when he came out in the second half.......

I did go WTF, but that just tells me LJ hasn’t proven he can play better than the others. That “WTF” was from my own ignorance, as I was assuming LJ was the superior QB.

Deleted member 2897

Against Clemson? LOL. We weren't going to win no matter what O we trotted out there. We missed a golden opportunity to show the college football world the new GT. Instead, the world saw the old GT but a worse version.

So getting a ton more yards and playing better defense is a worse version? LOLOLOLOLOL