We are going to smoke South Florida

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
So we should not run the offense that gives us the best chance of winning? LOL.
We should run the offense that gives us the best chance of winning IN THE LONG RUN...the one that recruits will want to come play in, that will get noticed as innovative and exciting, the one that will set us up for years of success down the road when we get those recruits into white and gold....

Deleted member 2897

We should run the offense that gives us the best chance of winning IN THE LONG RUN...the one that recruits will want to come play in, that will get noticed as innovative and exciting, the one that will set us up for years of success down the road when we get those recruits into white and gold....

Tucker Gleason enrolls in just a few months. You won't have to wait too long - if none of our guys figures out how to throw soon, they'll leave the door open for him.

Animal02

Banned
Wrong. Recruits won't give Tech a first look, let alone a 2nd.....if we go 1-11 for the season. Competitive kids want to play for winners.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
And caused fans, recruits and former SA's to grumble about where's the new O? How you gonna feel if we go TO left, TO right all game against USF?

Terrible. I don't ever wanna see TO running that stupid QB "option" Keeper crap ever again. Jeez, didn't we have enough of that garbage the last 2 years, with predictable results?

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I am too. But I never had a problem with us running the old school “high school” offense. Just surprised the CPJ haters are cool with it all of a sudden.
Don’t you have a home to start boarding up?:)

Not smiling at all. I hope all turns out well. It seems like things may not be too bad there.

Beerbrewingjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I am too. But I never had a problem with us running the old school “high school” offense. Just surprised the CPJ haters are cool with it all of a sudden.

There is nothing cool about it. I’m objective. This is what CPJ left us with. 13 RBs, 0 TE’s and undersized cut blocking OL. This is a means to an end. It will evolve. This offense will not be the same next year when Yates or Gleason start to pick it up. This year the staff has to do the best they can but it’ll be towards moving away from that crap offense.

And the narrative all summer was “moving to a pro style spread offense but at the same time tailoring the offense to the personnel we have right now. We have 13 RB’s and 0 TE’s when we took over.”... that was repeated by CDP and CGC all summer. Almost verbatim.

Y’all all heard what you wanted to hear. And what the staff did vs. Clemson is exactly what they said they would have to do. Tailor the offense to fit the personnel here now and MOVE TOWARDS a pro style spread. They never once said they were going to start out right away with it.

Animal02

Banned
Because the CPJ haters are now the CGC idolizers......hence he can do no wrong....it will be the players fault, CPJ's fault, the fans scaring away recruits, etc etc.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
And the narrative all summer was “moving to a pro style spread offense but at the same time tailoring the offense to the personnel we have right now. We have 13 RB’s and 0 TE’s when we took over.”... that was repeated by CDP and CGC all summer. Almost verbatim.

I'm curious - and I admit I haven't been my usual GT fan self this summer/fall because of family stuff - but did CDP and CGC ever refer to the offense as "pro style spread"?

The only reference I recall is during CGC's introductory presser where he said we will run a pro style offense (or NFL style offense, I can't remember which). I don't ever recall him saying "pro style spread".

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm curious - and I admit I haven't been my usual GT fan self this summer/fall because of family stuff - but did CDP and CGC ever refer to the offense as "pro style spread"?

The only reference I recall is during CGC's introductory presser where he said we will run a pro style offense (or NFL style offense, I can't remember which). I don't ever recall him saying "pro style spread".

Yes they did. And it is in fact a fact. The presnap checks the ol and qb make are very pro style. So is the general ol blocking scheme. Also from what i understand the wr route tree and combos as well as reads are also more prostyle. The rb pass pro very prostyle too

And with all that said, and this is what is tiring for me cuz so many look at just the play, is that all the above can be pro style and you can still run 15 option plays out if it and none of it look pro style.

Just ask the ravens right now.

There is nothing cool about it. I’m objective. This is what CPJ left us with. 13 RBs, 0 TE’s and undersized cut blocking OL. This is a means to an end. It will evolve. This offense will not be the same next year when Yates or Gleason start to pick it up. This year the staff has to do the best they can but it’ll be towards moving away from that crap offense.

Y’all all heard what you wanted to hear. And what the staff did vs. Clemson is exactly what they said they would have to do. Tailor the offense to fit the personnel here now and MOVE TOWARDS a pro style spread. They never once said they were going to start out right away with it.
That would have been a great post if you had not referred to the old offense as being a "crap offense". I like and agree with everything else you said except that, and I will simply leave it at that.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
My concern (which nobody is talking about) is the Bulls play last year where we force the QB out of the pocket and he runs for whatever he needs, over and over. That is my memory of our defeat last year. I hope we have a new plan to stop that play.