#WCUvsGT Postgame Discussion

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It drove me crazy when he stepped out of bounds on that play. He has often shown a lack of awareness of the sticks. And he’s lucky he didn’t have another pick on that play where it looked like he was playing catch with the DB. His generally unfocused play reminded me of how he came out in the NIU game. Maybe he lacks focus when he’s playing lower level competition.
I seriously thought he saw the blue jersey and gold pants and had a brain-fart, thinking he was throwing it to one of our receivers. It was right to the defender and well away from where the receiver was going to be.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Participation report says otherwise. In real time, I was encouraged seeing Grey Carroll get action in the 4th quarter.

Here was our 1st string:
View attachment 13017

Here's everybody else who played:
View attachment 13018

Feel free to redact your comment at any point.

@ScGold rn ....

Embarrassed Duck GIF

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I seriously thought he saw the blue jersey and gold pants and had a brain-fart, thinking he was throwing it to one of our receivers. It was right to the defender and well away from where the receiver was going to be.
I’m sure we’ve all had brain farts and this is not beyond the realm of possibility. Definitely it was a mistake in recognizing where his receiver was. Can’t afford to have those often though.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
This board does realize Tech played its first team the entire game. Let that soak in.
Tatum played quite well as a LB in the 4th Qtr. Is he 1st string. Well know. J More had a sack in the 4th qtr. Again is he a starter? Well know. But you can believe what you want.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Participation report says otherwise. In real time, I was encouraged seeing Grey Carroll get action in the 4th quarter.

Here was our 1st string:
View attachment 13017

Here's everybody else who played:
View attachment 13018

Feel free to redact your comment at any point.
That’s really not a stout participation list considering we’re playing a 1-aa team. You do know there’s special teams, the 3 RB rotation we got, etc on that “extra” list? We played basically 1st and 2nd string and special teams on this total list of 55. Maybe 1 or 2 guys on the 3 deep played.

As the season goes along you need those 3 deep guys to get playing time. If #1 or #2 does down, or both, the 3 deep is now needing to be on the field, maybe even with the game hanging in the balance. They need to be ready.

slugboy

Staff member
charlie thomas really stood out second half. probably why
I’m not sure how much of the defensive improvement was adjustments vs. how much was added intensity, but the defense improved for an entire quarter before Charlie came into the game. Yes, Charlie is great, and got an INT with a nice return, but we just weren’t ready for the first two series of the game. After that, we were much better on defense.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
That’s really not a stout participation list considering we’re playing a 1-aa team. You do know there’s special teams, the 3 RB rotation we got, etc on that “extra” list? We played basically 1st and 2nd string and special teams on this total list of 55. Maybe 1 or 2 guys on the 3 deep played.

As the season goes along you need those 3 deep guys to get playing time. If #1 or #2 does down, or both, the 3 deep is now needing to be on the field, maybe even with the game hanging in the balance. They need to be ready.
I agree, I wish we got deeper into 3rd string yesterday. I think it’s likely that short rest from game 1 made it harder to get the necessary separation. To what extent, I don’t know.

Glad we did not play the first team the entire game though and actually substituted players beginning in the first quarter. The assertion to which I responded is a wild and inaccurate take.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Wild
  • Georgia Tech’s three interceptions matched its total from the entire 2021 season.
Also
  • Georgia Tech r-Jr. DB Derrik Allen and r-Jr. DB Myles Sims both had the first interceptions of their careers in the second quarter.