WCU game

JacketFan137

Banned
While I personally don't like him, I hope we win every game, recruiting picks up and he wins a National Championship here. I hate seeing us lose and get dominated or out coached. I don't see anything wrong with pointing out issues or perceived/actual areas that are lacking. Hard to be all rainbows and unicorns when the situation does not dictate rainbows and unicorns.

I hope we win by 50 Saturday night and I'll be there like I have been for 45+ years, through Pepper, Curry, Ross, Lewis, O'Leary, Gailey and Johnson. No wants us to lose, at least I don't.
kind of ignored what i was saying entirely but i appreciate your input my guy

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
kind of ignored what i was saying entirely but i appreciate your input my guy

Honestly, I didn’t really follow what you were saying in your post. Could just be my reading comprehension skills. Either way, happy to have a conversation and I’m sure we both hope we win big on Saturday.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
They are gonna score points. Kerwin Bell knows offensive football. Our current head coach has the pedigree to come out on the losing end of this game.
I've said it before on this site. While the Clemson game was good to see improvement, this game would be the one that really shows us how this year is going to go. If we come out flat and lay a goose-egg, it will be another terrible year. If we come out with energy and with something to prove and curb-stomp WCU, we have turned the corner and can truly show marked improvement on the field.

JacketFan137

Banned
The downside is that we need the ability to fine tune the passing game as well. That will be hard to do in a monsoon...
yeah for that reason i’m hoping we at least get momentary respite on some drives 😂. need to gain some confidence against a team where we actually have time to throw

i do know in the gambling/fantasy world in the nfl there was a time when the consensus was light rain benefits passing more as the secondary being forced to react on unsteady ground is a different challenge for them. not sure if the data backs it up at the college level.

slugboy

Staff member
Looking like a lot of rain on Saturday. How much of a factor could that be? play calling, crowd size, lightning delays etc
It’s a mix of things
Rain favors the receivers and runners because they know where they’re going
Rain favors defenders because the ball is slick
Rain is bad for everyone because players get injured
Big guys have a leverage advantage
Big guys can’t stop because momentum’s a bear
Rain is bad because it falls on your team more than the other team

All things considered, good weather favors the “better” team

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Looking like a lot of rain on Saturday. How much of a factor could that be? play calling, crowd size, lightning delays etc
Just curious. What happens if bad weather leads to a cancellation of this or any other game? Is it rescheduled, even if after the UGA game, or would the season just have one less game?

JacketFan137

Banned
Just curious. What happens if bad weather leads to a cancellation of this or any other game? Is it rescheduled, even if after the UGA game, or would the season just have one less game?
always depends on the importance of the game and bye weeks. we do not line up with them and both of us have so many conference games in the coming weeks i don’t see us going out of our way to reschedule.

if it was a uga/clemson/notre dame game where we would lose a **** ton of money not having them we would go out of our way to make it happen

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

It would literally have to be a hurricane type situation for the game to be cancelled and, with enough notice, the could potentially move it to Friday or Sunday or something like that.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
It would literally have to be a hurricane type situation for the game to be cancelled and, with enough notice, the could potentially move it to Friday or Sunday or something like that.
T Stan isn't big on rescheduling games cancelled for hurricanes, just ask UCF

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Lightning. All it has to do is have lightning in the vicinity for an extended period.

Lee Corso isn't going to be here, is he?

Not so fast my friend. True, but these days I think they would wait the lightning out. Not sure why they didn't back then, but I think they would wait and get the game in these days.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
That's a lawyer question.
Based on our dealings with the NCAA, we haven't killed it in the lawyer-arguing arena.
So--purely in my humble opinion and not expert legal advice--Collins would need to agree/accept the terms.

I'll put my Tier 2 JD to use here. So long as both parties agree to the contract modification, it can go. That said, I can't imagine CGC would accept said demotion. I wouldn't. I'd cash out and start over somewhere else. Hired to be the head coach, win or fired.