WCU game

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know anything about them? Any big transfers or anything or how they've played the last few years?

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
STUFF TO KNOW ABOUT WESTERN CAROLINA

They're an FCS school.

Tech last played them in 2011, Jackets are 5-0 vs WCU.

They were 4-7 last year but won 4 of their last five after after starting 0-6 to finish 4-4 in their confernece. In the covid year they went 1-8 with their lone win being against the citadel (oh boy lol) they have not been above .500 since 2017.

They have not defeated an FBS team since 1962. (they beat ECU)

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I have one word to say on this.....Citadel.

Two words actually.... The Citadel!!

Congratulations! You've successfully made a pithy post to let us know how you feel about the current regime. Now, let's go on the record. Do you REALLY think we will lose to WCU or are you just taking shots at CGC?

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Congratulations! You've successfully made a pithy post to let us know how you feel about the current regime. Now, let's go on the record. Do you REALLY think we will lose to WCU or are you just taking shots at CGC?

So, actually, my response was to state the proper name for The Citadel and not (for once) taking a shot at Collins.

As noted elsewhere, I'd hope for a 50-ish to 14-ish victory where we actually come in and do what we are supposed to do with a WCU type team. Being a Tech fan for 40+ years, I can remember a loss and a tie to Furman, a loss to The Citadel and NIU and other losses to teams we should've beaten like Kansas and MTSU. So while I hope for a big convincing victory, based on the track record of our coach, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 24-21 type game that goes down to the final minutes of the game. So, I would expect for us to win, and hope that we win convincingly, but I wouldn't be shocked if we were in a dog fight on Saturday night.

Fair enough?

CEB

Helluva Engineer
please don’t tell me that WCU runs the triple-Option spread offense
:ROFLMAO:
I watched a lot of football this weekend but I missed their game.... The box score earlier in the thread said they threw it 36 times, so it sounds like we're safe....

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Agree 100%. We canned Chan and he never had a season remotely resembling the past three years.

Yep. We got rid of Chan because he couldn't beat UGA basically. Collins needs to eb gone unless he wins 8 games and a bowl. Or upsets uga. A uga win buys him a year. (actually if we had to go 1-11 every year but the trade off was we had to keep collins and we always beat UGA i'd live with it.)

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Here's a little bit on Western Carolina:

Their QB looks pretty good, but the level of competition isn't quite up to ACC standards. Still, they scored 52 points in that game, enough to make anybody a tad nervous.