WCU game

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Kerwin Bell was the QB at UF years ago. He will have a good offense. He was the head coach at VSU in 2018 when they won the national championship and then he went to U of South FL to be OC. I wouldn’t count this as a win quite yet.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Congratulations! You've successfully made a pithy post to let us know how you feel about the current regime. Now, let's go on the record. Do you REALLY think we will lose to WCU or are you just taking shots at CGC?

we lost to two FCS teams in the last few years. I think it’s a fair point to bring up. I’m not convinced we win.

TheJuiceIsLoose404

Jolly Good Fellow
For one reason or another Collins really struggles with these type of games and has lost one every year he has been a head coach going back to his Temple days:

2017) UConn (This game was homecoming for Temple and was also UConns last ever win as an FBS team)
2018) Villanova (may be his worst loss ever, fcs team and cross town rival)
2019) Citadel (Think this one has been discussed enough on here)
2020) Technically didn’t have the opportunity this year due to Covid scheduling, but the Syracuse game was pretty bad.
2021) NIU

Not saying I necessarily think we lose, but obviously a very concerning trend.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We will win Saturday. There would be absolutely no excuse for a loss to an FCS team right now, and if that happens then Collins should be gone on Saturday by midnight or assigned solely to uniform coordination for the remainder of the season and not allowed on the field.

FIFY. Agree we *should* win with ~97% certainty for the 23 point spread. (I don't do *will* in football scores.)

The only concern is the short turnaround and limited correction time, but that is mitigated by our first three games being in ATL.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
For one reason or another Collins really struggles with these type of games and has lost one every year he has been a head coach going back to his Temple days:

2017) UConn (This game was homecoming for Temple and was also UConns last ever win as an FBS team)
2018) Villanova (may be his worst loss ever, fcs team and cross town rival)
2019) Citadel (Think this one has been discussed enough on here)
2020) Technically didn’t have the opportunity this year due to Covid scheduling, but the Syracuse game was pretty bad.
2021) NIU

Not saying I necessarily think we lose, but obviously a very concerning trend.
UCONN is still in the FBS. They’re an independent.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
So, actually, my response was to state the proper name for The Citadel and not (for once) taking a shot at Collins.

As noted elsewhere, I'd hope for a 50-ish to 14-ish victory where we actually come in and do what we are supposed to do with a WCU type team. Being a Tech fan for 40+ years, I can remember a loss and a tie to Furman, a loss to The Citadel and NIU and other losses to teams we should've beaten like Kansas and MTSU. So while I hope for a big convincing victory, based on the track record of our coach, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 24-21 type game that goes down to the final minutes of the game. So, I would expect for us to win, and hope that we win convincingly, but I wouldn't be shocked if we were in a dog fight on Saturday night.

Fair enough?
I think you "speak" for a lot of us. We have hope, but very little confidence at this point.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Look if we lose Collins will be gone at the end of the season.

TStan can't fire him by Monday night, but essentially if we lose Collins is out. That would be the last straw.

BUT that's if we lose... we played #4 Clemson competitive for 2.5 quarters... WCU is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse. We should win this game easily. 1st quarter will be close probably bc WCU will come out with lots of adrenaline, this is basically their super bowl. But we probably wear them down, lead by 10 or so at half, and then run away with it from there. We are def the more talented team in this matchup.