WCU game

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Look if we lose Collins will be gone at the end of the season.

TStan can't fire him by Monday night, but essentially if we lose Collins is out. That would be the last straw.

BUT that's if we lose... we played #4 Clemson competitive for 2.5 quarters... WCU is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse. We should win this game easily. 1st quarter will be close probably bc WCU will come out with lots of adrenaline, this is basically their super bowl. But we probably wear them down, lead by 10 or so at half, and then run away with it from there. We are def the more talented team in this matchup.

Agree with everything you say. History the last three years says that may not be the case. I hope you are correct and we're past those issues.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Theoretically speaking if the wheels were to completely fall off, could we just demote CGC to DC or something for the rest of the season and make Long the interim HC without having to make the big buyout?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Theoretically speaking if the wheels were to completely fall off, could we just demote CGC to DC or something for the rest of the season and make Long the interim HC without having to make the big buyout?

No. He's paid to be the head coach. His contract is to be the head coach. We either fire him or keep him. Other than him leaving on his own, those are the only options available to us.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
We handily beat KSU last year, and they're one of the FCS' premier programs. WCU hasn't been above .500 since 2017.

Yes, you are correct. But, The Citadel and NIU games lead to a lack of overall confidence until we continue to prove we can win games we are supposed to win. Hope we step up and pound them Saturday night.

JacketFan137

Banned
Yes, you are correct. But, The Citadel and NIU games lead to a lack of overall confidence until we continue to prove we can win games we are supposed to win. Hope we step up and pound them Saturday night.
citadel was 3 years ago with a completely different group of players. completely irrelevant to any discussion at this point aside from wanting to whine

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
citadel was 3 years ago with a completely different group of players. completely irrelevant to any discussion at this point aside from wanting to whine

Or a data point on our coach's game management abilities. NIU was last year by the way.

Again, hope we drill them Saturday night and start going what we should do to I-AA teams and other teams that should be beneath us from a talent perspective.

JacketFan137

Banned
Or a data point on our coach's game management abilities. NIU was last year by the way.

Again, hope we drill them Saturday night and start going what we should do to I-AA teams and other teams that should be beneath us from a talent perspective.
good news is our starting qb isn’t injured this time so we should be ok

slugboy

Staff member
That's a lawyer question.
Based on our dealings with the NCAA, we haven't killed it in the lawyer-arguing arena.
So--purely in my humble opinion and not expert legal advice--Collins would need to agree/accept the terms.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Still probably too early to look at the forecast with the variability we have in Atlanta but looks like it'll be a pretty wet weekend.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
That's a lawyer question.
Based on our dealings with the NCAA, we haven't killed it in the lawyer-arguing arena.
So--purely in my humble opinion and not expert legal advice--Collins would need to agree/accept the terms.
I agree... I think we made a $3M decision at the end of last season to ride out 12 months, for better or for worse. Short of scandal or gross negligence (off the field;)), CGC is the head man through November.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
NIU is not FCS and they were conference champs. They and WCU are not the sane

You are absolutely correct. My point was that it was a game we were favored in (see below) and were supposed to realistically win in dominant fashion, but lost. I think that is related to coaching and while the OC has changed, the head coach has not. Thus, until we continuously prove we can win games we should win, some of us have concerns about even these types (WCU) games. As I said, I hope we win by 50, but I wouldn't put any money on GT in our current situation.

Would also note that NIU was coming off a very poor year (see below) and the expectations were for a big win. Again, I hope we win by 50.

1662561288731.png

1662561371203.png

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Swarm Nancies: “Collins needs to take accountability for his actions in these press conferences!!!”

Collins: *mentions several things are on him, says it’s stuff we’re gonna clean up*

Swarm Nancies: oMg CLeAn It uP lololol hahahaha lolol

we gotta start titling press conference threads “complain about what collins says week 1, 2, 3…”

While I personally don't like him, I hope we win every game, recruiting picks up and he wins a National Championship here. I hate seeing us lose and get dominated or out coached. I don't see anything wrong with pointing out issues or perceived/actual areas that are lacking. Hard to be all rainbows and unicorns when the situation does not dictate rainbows and unicorns.

I hope we win by 50 Saturday night and I'll be there like I have been for 45+ years, through Pepper, Curry, Ross, Lewis, O'Leary, Gailey and Johnson. No wants us to lose, at least I don't.