WCU game

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Ill stand and cheer or Tech in the rain, its the 30 minutes of stoppage for lightning that can add up and force me to leave a game early. Midnight is the tipping point because of the 3hr drive home.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Perhaps. Could change it to earlier in the day or wait it out. I'm sure Collins wants to play it no matter how long they have to wait.

They're not changing the time. Too late for that. TV is involved. While I am sure CGC want to play it, he wouldn't have any say if they cancelled it.

That being said, it's only calling for scattered thunderstorms at the moment, so it's very likely we get a full game in with a delay or two at most.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
They're not changing the time. Too late for that. TV is involved. While I am sure CGC want to play it, he wouldn't have any say if they cancelled it.

That being said, it's only calling for scattered thunderstorms at the moment, so it's very likely we get a full game in with a delay or two at most.

Respectfully, there have been a lot of games moved to a Friday or Sunday or some other time in the past few years, even those on TV. This is a very low demand game, so if they had to move it, I don't think TV would be the sticking point. Hopefully the weather passes through and there is no issue getting it in. I would have to think that Stansbury would at least consult with Collins prior to moving or cancelling the game. Not that he would have final say, but it's his team and he should have some say in the matter.

Geez, did I just stand up for Geoff Collins???? Will wonders never end??? ;)

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Respectfully, there have been a lot of games moved to a Friday or Sunday or some other time in the past few years, even those on TV. This is a very low demand game, so if they had to move it, I don't think TV would be the sticking point. Hopefully the weather passes through and there is no issue getting it in. I would have to think that Stansbury would at least consult with Collins prior to moving or cancelling the game. Not that he would have final say, but it's his team and he should have some say in the matter.

Geez, did I just stand up for Geoff Collins???? Will wonders never end??? ;)

I'm struggling to think of a game that was moved within the same week. (Other than in 2020, which was rather unique)

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I'm struggling to think of a game that was moved within the same week. (Other than in 2020, which was rather unique)

I'll have to Google it, but as recall several over the past several years (maybe last 5-7 years) that have been pushed a day earlier or later due to weather. Will check on it and confirm.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
new oc, new o line, new defense, an actual qb on the roster

really a reach to keep pretending like the situation is comparable lol
You're the one doing the reaching.
all you did was shuffle the Titantic's deck chairs. Because it's the same skipper plowing through the iceberg field.

JacketFan137

Banned
You're the one doing the reaching.
all you did was shuffle the Titantic's deck chairs. Because it's the same skipper plowing through the iceberg field.
this is lame because all you’re gonna do when we win is say “i DoNt KnOw wHy yOuRe sO hAppY iTs WEstErN CaRoLinA”

even though you will have been talking **** about georgia tech all week.

no real point in engaging with you further

slugboy

Staff member
Since it's ACCN "Xtra", it's not competing against any time slots. I don't think they'd move the game time, but if there's a game you COULD move, it's this one.

BROADCAST INFORMATION

Saturday’s television broadcast will be carried live on ACC Network Extra and ESPN+. There are two ways to watch (both on the ESPN app or watchespn.com):

1. ACC Network Extra – available on the ESPN app and watchespn.com. For viewers whose cable/digital/satellite provider carries ACC Network (there is no additional charge beyond cable/digital/satellite subscription to view content on ACC Network Extra).
  2. ESPN+ – available on the ESPN app and watchespn.com. For viewers whose cable/digital/satellite provider does not carry ACC Network (must have a separate ESPN+ subscription to view

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Here are some examples of changes in game times due to weather and a Q&A.

A lot of games moved here, including discussion of GT/UCF from a few years ago.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Here are some examples of changes in game times due to weather and a Q&A.

A lot of games moved here, including discussion of GT/UCF from a few years ago.

In that bottom link, only the in-conference games were rescheduled instead of being cancelled outright with two exceptions. FSU rescheduled their early season cancellation late in the season when they realized they'd need the win for bowl eligibility. The other was where the game location was moved, which I don't see being an option for us. I can't read the top link at work because my filter doesn't allow draftkings through. lol IIRC, that game was postponed a few hours to get it out of the storm window. Not sure that would help us. Moving dates is harder than postponing a few hours but our time window at kickoff means we would need to move the game forward.

NewEnglandTransplant

Georgia Tech Fan
If there is ever a chance to fix our offensive problems, punt blocking and false start penalties, this is the game. Ole Miss arrives on the following Saturday Sept 17 and that isn't going to be easy.
Kudos to the defense, they played tough but were exhausted at the end.

JacketFan137

Banned
If there is ever a chance to fix our offensive problems, punt blocking and false start penalties, this is the game. Ole Miss arrives on the following Saturday Sept 17 and that isn't going to be easy.
Kudos to the defense, they played tough but were exhausted at the end.
weather permitting is the only caveat. hope we get at least SOME football that isn’t monsoon season

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I'll put my Tier 2 JD to use here. So long as both parties agree to the contract modification, it can go. That said, I can't imagine CGC would accept said demotion. I wouldn't. I'd cash out and start over somewhere else. Hired to be the head coach, win or fired.
It can be renegotiated to stretch it out over more years if he is willing. I don't understand why these coaching contracts don't include reductions if he gets a new job.

JacketFan137

Banned
It can be renegotiated to stretch it out over more years if he is willing. I don't understand why these coaching contracts don't include reductions if he gets a new job.
some do. that’s why saban was sec coach rehab for a while. he had guys like butch jones as analysts making $45k so tennessee would still be on the hook for the buyout

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
The key matchup is simply can our defense stop their offense. Sure, our offense struggled vs clemson but clemson's got the best front 4 in the country as of now. Sims was relativley accurate considering the defense he was up agaisnt and since WCU is not Clemson i'm sure sims will be fine. Worst case if it rains a lot we can just rely on the run. WCU won't stop our run like Clemson did.

Our defense should handle WCU, if they can stick with Clemson for 2.5 quarters they will be fine on Saturday.