Way too Early 2023 Predictions

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
we counting moral victories now?

almost as bad as “bUt iT wAs a ThReE pOinT gAmE aT hALfTimE!” folks on here
You’re right we should be more negative about looking competitive with a team that’s 29-1 in it’s last two seasons. Fans recognizing positive momentum from the last three years of playing them is unacceptable and might I say unforgivable

JacketFan137

Banned
You’re right we should be more negative about looking competitive with a team that’s 29-1 in it’s last two seasons. Fans recognizing positive momentum from the last three years of playing them is unacceptable and might I say unforgivable
my point is a loss is a loss and that game showed a vast difference in the depth between the two teams. by the fourth when uga is rotating in 5* talent and we are gassed the score is a more accurate depiction of reality.

i’m happy with key and think we’re in the right direction as a program but i’m realistic in that they are probably gonna whoop us bad for a little bit and the only path forward is to recruit our tail off and get more gibbs kinda athletes all over the field

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
we counting moral victories now?

almost as bad as “bUt iT wAs a ThReE pOinT gAmE aT hALfTimE!” folks on here
nobody said anything about it being a victory. you said we need all these superstar athletes just to keep us in the game with uga, but missouri absolutely did that and does not have that great of athletes, but they were winning for more than 3 quarters and lost by 4 points.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I am curious to see how Key manages all expectations and responsibilities as the full time HC. I am excited to see how he utilizes the talent (strengths) of the staff that he has assembled. It will be interesting to see how as individuals the staff develops and coaches their position players. I would also like to see the staff gel quickly and coach with a sense of urgency to fine tune techniques and routines which will produce a high level of execution on the field.
I am curious to see how Key uses the analysts to provide insight and ideas as the staff game plans and executes those plans differently for each opponent.

JacketFan137

Banned
nobody said anything about it being a victory. you said we need all these superstar athletes just to keep us in the game with uga, but missouri absolutely did that and does not have that great of athletes, but they were winning for more than 3 quarters and lost by 4 points.
so what you’re telling me is they lost.

we aren’t beating them til we have athletes that can match them

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I am curious to see how Key manages all expectations and responsibilities as the full time HC. I am excited to see how he utilizes the talent (strengths) of the staff that he has assembled. It will be interesting to see how as individuals the staff develops and coaches their position players. I would also like to see the staff gel quickly and coach with a sense of urgency to fine tune techniques and routines which will produce a high level of execution on the field.
I am curious to see how Key uses the analysts to provide insight and ideas as the staff game plans and executes those plans differently for each opponent.
He saw how Saban, Ross and GOL ran programs so he should have seen some good organization skills. He has made some good moves so far. Now just don't get in the way and stifle some of these hires like the previous guy must have done. It will be obvious who is capable and who isn't and he hasn't been shy making changes so far.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
He saw how Saban, Ross and GOL ran programs so he should have seen some good organization skills. He has made some good moves so far. Now just don't get in the way and stifle some of these hires like the previous guy must have done. It will be obvious who is capable and who isn't and he hasn't been shy making changes so far.
When would he have seen Ross's program up close? He would have been like 10 years old when Ross was at Tech.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
If I'm wrong, and we win less than six games next year, I'll take my medicine.

But if we win 6+ and go bowling, I'm going to mercilessly hound the Eeyores on this board who call themselves "fans" (which is technically short for "fanatics").

1673626918857.png

Y'all been warned.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
If I'm wrong, and we win less than six games next year, I'll take my medicine.

But if we win 6+ and go bowling, I'm going to mercilessly hound the Eeyores on this board who call themselves "fans" (which is technically short for "fanatics").

View attachment 13918

Y'all been warned.
Who, exactly, is suggesting that it is not only unlikely that we will six games, but also hounding you for suggesting we will?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
so what you’re telling me is they lost.

we aren’t beating them til we have athletes that can match them
lol ok, move those goalposts. We've not had athletes that could match theirs for most of my lifetime, yet we've still won every now and again.

You must have forgotten to tell Tulane they didn't have the athletes to match up with USC too.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
lol ok, move those goalposts. We've not had athletes that could match theirs for most of my lifetime, yet we've still won every now and again.

You must have forgotten to tell Tulane they didn't have the athletes to match up with USC too.
Yeti Business plan
Cheap tickets ,few fans as we win every now and then.

Some say long drive from fla
Oh you have 1$ beer - great plan .

The Gt professional suck approach to occasional upset victory needs to end.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
yes that's called pointing out facts, not stating what i think is a good "business plan". Do you not agree that uga had a more talented roster in 2008, 2014, and 2016?
Yes ther we’re more talented in those years. However, and it’s a big however, the talent differential now is like comparing our talent to that of Kennesaw State’s talent. They put 15 guys into the NFL last year via the draft and 9 in the top 100. They didn’t miss them this year. We haven’t put that much talent into the NFL in a decade.

This years NFL draft will be similar for Georgia and they will keep on rolling.

This is nothing like 2008

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Don't care about no stinking W/L record. Just want a bunch of tough SOBs who are physical and keep coming at you hard as hell for 60 minutes. Want to play smart, disciplined Foosball and leave the opponent black-and-blue.

Thing is, if we do this I guarantee we'll win our share of ballgames. If you keep coming hard as hell and play smart/disciplined you may lose the ballgame per the scoreboard, but you are never BEATEN.

But regardless of W/L I want to see this kind of mental toughness, effort, smarts, and discipline. Saw some flashes of it the second half of last year....leading to some tough road wins. More please. I want every team to hate playing us regardless of ranking. Let's go get it!